Jazzmutant lemur help?

- ask away
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Jazzmutant lemur help?

Post by hydrogen »

Are there any jazzmutant lemur experts here? i'm having some questions about the scripting language and i'm wondering if there are some solutions.

I'm wondering if i can process touch screen inputs and midi inputs differently? for instance, i have a fader mapped to a value in ableton live. then i have an additional fader working as a modulator for the first fader. I calculate this and send it over the cc and map this to a control in ableton. it works pretty well but there is one problem. Because the value is interpreted from the .x property i cannot play back any recorded automation because of the two conflicting values....

Not even sure if that makes sense to anybody. fckkck... the scripting language is dope but its also frustrating at the same time and difficult to debug. ctrl-z is useless and hazardous while scripting. haha... ok...

well if somebody has a method to detect whether the .x value on a fader is being controlled by screen input that would be awesome.

cheers,
hydrogen
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Jazzmutant lemur help?

Post by Phase Ghost »

So, what your saying is: You have recorded automation, but lemur is overriding it since they're both assigned to same fader?

I'm completely unfamiliar with the lemur language, but the syntax is obviously C based. Perhaps a simple conditional statement would work? Something like:

if (fader == touched)
{
sendMidi;
}
else
{
//do nothing
}

Obviously, you would have to look up the actual variables and methods that Lemur uses to recognize fader touches and send midi data, but this is the first thing I would try.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Jazzmutant lemur help?

Post by hydrogen »

You nailed the logic phase ghost!
Now I just have to figure out fadertouched();

Thnx for your insight.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest