Yamaha NS 10

- ask away
styyn
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Yamaha NS 10

Post by styyn »

hello,

i currently have samson resolv a8 monitors, but i want to upgrade. i'm thinking of buying the ns10's, but i don't really know if that's a good option, since i've heard some really bad reviews about them. i've read a lot of reviews about the ns10's and the opinions were really divers. is this a good option for me or should i look at other monitors?

thanks in advance!
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Yamaha NS 10

Post by tone-def »

NS10's are good as a secondary pair of monitors. they don't sound good at all and have hardly any bass. the HS range are much better!
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mono-xID »

the reason why the NS-10's are a common standard in good studio's is simply because if it sounds good on them,it must be good.like tone-def said.secondary monitors.
styyn
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by styyn »

thanks for your replies. i've been looking at the hs80's and they look really nice, they're only quite expensive. are the hs50's better than my samson a8?
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i don't know anything about the samson a8.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

i'll echo what the other guys have said, NS10s are industry standard reference monitors in recording studios, because if it sounds good on them, it will sound good in environments with little bass like radio.
i wouldnt recommend them as project studio monitors.