cut long audio tracks in small parts (ableton)

- ask away
Rein
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

cut long audio tracks in small parts (ableton)

Post by Rein »

currently i'm working on a liveset. i want to capture modulation of reverbs, fx and synths in finished tracks that can't be reproduced live. so i record synth channels separately, and end up with like 15 tracks about 5 to 10 minutes long. is there a way to chop them up in ableton to let's say 4 or 16 bars? the normal chop function won't work on such long audio files. kind of frustrating to do this by hand....

and.. does somebody know if you can record multiple tracks without having to play the whole track? so more like rendering...

thanks!
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: cut long audio tracks in small parts (ableton)

Post by ::BLM:: »

can you just set where you want to chop and press ctrl e?
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

Rein wrote:currently i'm working on a liveset. i want to capture modulation of reverbs, fx and synths in finished tracks that can't be reproduced live. so i record synth channels separately, and end up with like 15 tracks about 5 to 10 minutes long. is there a way to chop them up in ableton to let's say 4 or 16 bars? the normal chop function won't work on such long audio files. kind of frustrating to do this by hand....

and.. does somebody know if you can record multiple tracks without having to play the whole track? so more like rendering...

thanks!
Not sure what you mean... Just drag the track or clip you wish to render to arrangement view, select it and then export the audio.
Rein
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rein »

::BLM:: wrote:can you just set where you want to chop and press ctrl e?
so simple... haha thanks man!
tsankip wrote:
Rein wrote:currently i'm working on a liveset. i want to capture modulation of reverbs, fx and synths in finished tracks that can't be reproduced live. so i record synth channels separately, and end up with like 15 tracks about 5 to 10 minutes long. is there a way to chop them up in ableton to let's say 4 or 16 bars? the normal chop function won't work on such long audio files. kind of frustrating to do this by hand....

thanks!
Not sure what you mean... Just drag the track or clip you wish to render to arrangement view, select it and then export the audio.
then you'll get one audio file which contains them all, i want them seperate.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

rendering you cant do separate channels, but what you can do is freeze the midi channels and then squash them which saves them as audio. you can then save the audio files into a folder and then get to them that way rather then having to bounce them all down individually.
Rein
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rein »

::BLM:: wrote:rendering you cant do separate channels, but what you can do is freeze the midi channels and then squash them which saves them as audio. you can then save the audio files into a folder and then get to them that way rather then having to bounce them all down individually.
ok thanks for the help, too bad it can't be done in one take, but this will do!