Tc Helicon - Voice Live Touch 2

- ask away
tHEfAKEsTEVE
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Tc Helicon - Voice Live Touch 2

Post by tHEfAKEsTEVE »

Hi guys,
nowadays working in the studio what i really miss is a Vocal rec, effect and ecc.. as a Voice Live Touch from Tc Helicon.
In the link below u can see all the infos and the photos, and what i'ld like to know is how can i connect it to my computer?
I know maybe for someone could be a stupid question but i haven't understand it yet.
Hope that someone could help me out.
Moreover, does anyone of you have this? Have do you find it?
Cheers.

http://www.tc-helicon.com/products/voicelive-touch/
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Tc Helicon - Voice Live Touch 2

Post by hydrogen »

hey... this is a really cool product. I have one and I've used it two ways so far and its a really capable addition to your voice.

The ways i've used it... Recording my voice first into the computer then playing it back through the device and then back into the computer for monitoring and more recording.
In order to do this you'll want a TRS output from your soundcard to the microphone in. There is a gain knob the the voicelive so you can adjust that to get the right levels. Then i just run this back into the computer via the pair of TRS outputs.

The other way is just using it with a microphone directly in and then the TRS outputs to the soundcard. You'll probably get the best results this way IMO... because you can adjusts the pitch of your voice and it will tune it.

Anyways... you can make yourself sound like the devil or like a full blown gospel quire. When I first got it my friends and I smoked some then put on some organ sounds and started praising the lord. lol. Tons of fun.

At times it can sound a bit fake and autotunish... but i think there is a lot of potential if you know what you are doing... its not going to instantly make you a rockstar... like most gear there is still that garbage in/garbage out... quality in/quality out kind of thing going on.

Check out some of the vids on youtube of people demoing it... you'll get an idea for what it can do! cheers!
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Pigeon Provider
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Pigeon Provider »

tHANKS 4 ThE lInK

awesome product ,

:)

EDIT, is this mac only?
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Be careful putting line level signals into mic inputs.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

tone-def wrote:Be careful putting line level signals into mic inputs.
there is a light on there you can tell when you are overdriving it. but as far as i remember this wasn't a problem for me...
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest