has accumulated $ 4,000 =) which hardware to buy?

- ask away
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: has accumulated $ 4,000 =) which hardware to buy?

Post by manzatour »

to the OP: i want your problems
ezz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ezz »

Thanks guys for your reply!

I want to say that my question was not "I have 4000$, what hardware should I buy ?" =)
I just want to understand what is paramount. First, buy an analog synth and use the software for processing. Or use the VST instrumets, but have hardware such as Empirical Labs EL7 Fatso, Avalon VT 737 SP Tube Mic Pre Compressor,
Summit Audio MPC-100A...

I will take Voyager RME and UAD with mastering plugs (not shure about uad yet).

I will not spend all (tnx 2 Hades ;) )
tone-def wrote:Room treatment. Not very sexy but it really helps.
Thanks! it is very important and I doing it now!
NoAffiliation
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NoAffiliation »

G SSL clone Compressor, dangerous d-box

i think the analog summing is substantially improving on a rendered mix, the d-box gives you that without having to have a huge desk, assuming your interface has 8 outs.

the ssl g compressor clone usually runs about a grand but you're getting a $5k compressor for that thousand dollars and it literally works magic. the ssl plugins on UAD or Waves peril in comparison

both will run you half that cash
Last edited by NoAffiliation on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

room treatments - compressors - no way - thats crazy

get a Voyager RME - you dont need the keyboard

and /or a eurorack modular ( if you have a reasonable knowledge of synthesis, if you havent a Voyager will make it easy to learn.)

yes i'm saying that because thats what i use, but it took a long long time and alot of useless and mediocre bits of kit to get to the point where i realised that they were easily the best sounding and most interesting options..

compressors my arse.
NoAffiliation
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NoAffiliation »

come on man, have you ever heard an SSL compressor? I hear moogs all the time at friends studios, yes they are a beautiful thing but it's still just a synth. High end tools like an SSL and D-Box can take the overall sound of a production to a whole other level, especially when most people today are mixing in a computer and rendering. a rendered track with a voyager isn't going to have the depth of dynamics that analog summing and possibly the best suited compressor for dance music ever made (SSL)

@ OP: don't take my word for it, search ibiza voice and read artist interviews, plenty of people swearing by this stuff

i dont have the ssl but i can swear by the combo of RME fireface + Dangerous D-Box

he could throw a slim phatty into that combo and still have over a grand left
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

if you want inspiration and excitement, you need to get something that makes sounds man and gets your brain working, not something mundane that imo isnt even necessary at all to make minimal techno.

just saying
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

steevio wrote:if you want inspiration and excitement, you need to get something that makes sounds man and gets your brain working, not something mundane that imo isnt even necessary at all to make minimal techno.

just saying
Truth.
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kdgh »

Synthesizer (doepfer or something polyphonic)
Sampler (s950 akai imo)
Space echo
Mixer
Vinyl to sample