Want to buy... Jupiter 6

- ask away
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Want to buy... Jupiter 6

Post by lem »

steevio wrote: they are also hard to keep in tune, i had one on loan breifly and it kept drifting out.
If you knew a really good Jupiter tech, you could get them to install a tempco on the exponential convertor to minimise the drift.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

::BLM:: wrote:them jup 8's are going for silly money now. I think i see one that went for 7k on ebay not so long ago.

which is the right juno to go for? 106 or the 60? and whatever else I left out!
i used to have a 106, and they are ok, the DCOs were a bit of a turn off for me, it sounded a little stiff.
it certainly isnt as lush as a jupiter 6, but it stays intune.
a little unexciting tbh, but it depends what you are used to.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Dear synth lords,

Let's pray the jup 6 that I purchase stays in tune and functions without faults. :)

Sincerely,
Hydrogen
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

I was thinking today that I think polyphony is sh!t.

imo with analogue synthesis all the traditional ideas about harmony go out of the window. A single sawtooth wave has all kinds of harmonics going on. When you have anlalogue circuits that can go even more complex sounding waves than a saw, combine them, frequency modulate them with another waveform, put them thru a filter, overdrive them.

meh, I can't be arsed with 6 voices and sh!t all control.

I was looking at ebay at jupiter prices, and I saw a single envelope chip used in the jupiter for 70$.... will be similar prices for oscillator chip (6 of them), and the filter chip (6 of them). plus the master cpu which seems to be completely unobtainable.

I would only really buy synths made by designers from the current era who understand the future of the analogue industry and don't include parts you will never find again.

search on the muffwiggler forum for the tiptop polyphonic stuff if you really want polyphony. Their new circuits looked amazing!
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Why isn't this polyphonic stuff not on the tip top website?
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

they just announced it on the forum in june this year. it looks like a really complex project so probably will take some time to get ready. google has some stuff and the original post is on muffs somewhere.

polyphonic vco and polyphonic filter (2 kinds) are scheduled.

they're using some advanced multilayered circuitboard shizzle.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

oblioblioblio wrote:I was thinking today that I think polyphony is sh!t.
i know its OT, and i wish Hydrogen good luck with the jupiter, but i kind of agree.

it depends alot on what type of music your'e making, for minimal music, which is still what i make, i dont need polyphony.

i find that raw sounds work best for the type of music i make, i dont need that clasic polyphonic synth sound. i'd much rather get deep into the individual waveforms.

but if i could afford it, it would be nice to own a jupiter 6 or 8, but it would just be a luxury. i dont need one.