Dave Smith Evolver

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Dave Smith Evolver

Post by AK »

Casanova808 wrote:I have no dog in the race, but the Tempest OS isn't even finished yet. It is a bit early to say what it is and isn't.
Of every demo I heard, I just didn't click with the sound, I didn't get as far as the OS. I don't know what I was expecting, I guess sounds that were more along the raw/robust theme but I just kept hearing a softer - almost VA sound that reminded me too much of certain software drum synths. I'm not tryig to diss it or put it down, I'm just saying I have yet to hear an audio demo that would justify the wallet busting price tag.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Dave Smith Evolver

Post by AK »

lem wrote:
Thats a whole new can of worms there! Why release something that isn't finished?
This can be kinda misleading sometimes. In part, some manufacturers will release a product and support it where they will listen to users 'wishlists' and the OS could be upgraded with features added over the years. This is not a bad thing at all but it doesn't necessarily mean that the product isn't of a professional standard at the time of release.

This was something I heard quite a few times when I read up on the Spectralis 2. In reality though, the unit already had a huge feature list and was easily a releasable machine, the fact that the OS was constantly in development ( unfinished is probably the wrong word as it implies something different ) just means they are going to be supporting the product. I'd rather have that feeling of security than not.