Ricardo Kick

- ask away
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Ricardo Kick

Post by tone-def »

From what I hear u-he diva is a step up in the world VA. IMO there is only a small selection of software and hardware synths that do the VA thing well.

The type of software synthesis I'm excited about is additive. Lazerbass in Reaktor has really impressed me, just wish I understood it a bit better!
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mono-xID »

what you would like to know especially about lazerbass?....maybe i can help you since i'm into it for a while now
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

No tuning?

Do you have to have a modular to run that? If not, how else could you do it?
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

AK wrote:
No tuning?

tuning - you would have to DIY it, ive been asking on Muffwiggler how it could be done.

shame, missed oportunity there, but they wanted it to be the same as the original 808

you would need a modular frame of some sort with bussboard and PSU to run it. this imo is why its worth getting a basic starter kit, theres going to be so much of this sort of thing coming out on eurorack, its going crazy
Rein
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rein »

steevio wrote:
AK wrote:
No tuning?

tuning - you would have to DIY it, ive been asking on Muffwiggler how it could be done.

shame, missed oportunity there, but they wanted it to be the same as the original 808

you would need a modular frame of some sort with bussboard and PSU to run it. this imo is why its worth getting a basic starter kit, theres going to be so much of this sort of thing coming out on eurorack, its going crazy
looks perfect, 99$ for a 808 kick drum, will there be a 909 too?

-edit- ok so there's going to be a 909 too, classic to have both of them in a setup!
Last edited by Rein on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

steevio wrote:
AK wrote:
No tuning?

Y'know, the more I look at the modular side of things, the more I'm getting tempted. Man, I hate the Internet! :lol:

I'm not sure this thread is appropriate but as seen as it's gone pear shaped already, I was wondering how much it might cost to build a monosynth with a sequencer in modular? Say, 1 VCO, well 2 as I would like it to have a sub ocs, a decent low pass moog type filter and basic filter and amp envelopes. Oh, and of course the sequencer. Essentially, a bass synth. For something like that, am I better off just buying a used synth? Would there be any benefit to creating such a thing in modular over a regular analogue monosynth?
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

Rein wrote:
steevio wrote:
AK wrote:
No tuning?

looks perfect, 99$ for a 808 kick drum, will there be a 909 too?

-edit- ok so there's going to be a 909 too, classic to have both of them in a setup!
tiptop are going to do all the 808 and 909 sounds eventually