I just deleted everything

- ask away
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: I just deleted everything

Post by steevio »

ive got about 7 or 8 of these drives from the last 12 years, and ive never looked at any of them.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Happened to me 3 times this year alone. Because I was saving my recordings onto my internal drive, I also lost a lot of work, tracks/ideas, everything. Turned out I had a graphics card issue which is sorted now but i also bought a portable drive. I'm saving recordings and whatever onto that now. It wasn't much fun for me, after getting back into music and starting to build up an array of tracks, it all went. There's just no way I could recall/re-do all of that as I had to reformat the damn PC. I actually got a dejected feeling and just gave up for a while but I'm slowly building up some tracks again now.

My sample library is very limited and mostly contains single drum hits and a pile of raw analogue waveforms and some other stuff, that easily fits on a pen drive but losing all my music I made was just awful. In fact, I don't even like talking about it hence me only just mentioning it and I've seen this thread for a while now.
MadeInMachines
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by MadeInMachines »

Good call! My hard drive recently failed so I got a clean install. I had it all backed up though lol but I'm being much more disciplined about what I keep on my main hard drive - A few sample packs and a few vsts from now on. It can just get ridiculous and no one needs much gear or many samples to produce really.
http://soundcloud.com/madeinmachines/made-in-machines-wasp