vsts , vsts

- ask away
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: vsts , vsts

Post by lem »

hydrogen wrote:
lem wrote: It wasn't osx they had trouble with, it is intel mac compatability - I seem to remember. I pretty much gave up on it tho.
Will have a looksee when I get a chance...
you should be good as long as you know your korg user logins...
http://www.korguser.net/shop/software/s ... up/faq.asp
Q1 I have the ANALOG EDITION 2007 or DIGITAL EDITION. Do I need to purchase individual software to use the latest versions again?
A1 No. You can download and use the software included in the KLC series you own.
thats the problem dude, i have the version before them. ms20, polysix and wavestation.

Im pretty sure i emailed them when it wouldnt open in logic. I will check, been up for some ms20 madness
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

lem wrote: Im pretty sure i emailed them when it wouldnt open in logic. I will check, been up for some ms20 madness
On that upgrade page go to the bottom there should be upgrades for the whole klc package at $15. No free I guess... But $15 is cool I guess.

Sorry for the thread derailing. I should menion the KLC plugins are great value. My faves ITB. :)
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

hydrogen wrote:
lem wrote: Im pretty sure i emailed them when it wouldnt open in logic. I will check, been up for some ms20 madness
On that upgrade page go to the bottom there should be upgrades for the whole klc package at $15. No free I guess... But $15 is cool I guess.

Sorry for the thread derailing. I should menion the KLC plugins are great value. My faves ITB. :)
I had them, the original edition with the MS20 controller bought from D.V.

Never had a dongle on mine, I had a CD in a box with a white sticker on the packet with a huge long number and had to get my challenge/response thing from the Korg site. The controller broke and was sending out random midi messages like altering parameters and stuff so I got rid of that. Then when I split with my ex, I have now lost the original box/sticker/number somewhere in transit. To top that off, I have also had a previous email address closed down through no fault of my own ( microsoft said it had been 'compromised' ) So I have no way to prove that I actually bought it - which is why it isn't on my system.

I have been tempted to download a dodgy version because I believe I have the right to use it considering I paid for it.
Pigeon Provider
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Pigeon Provider »

ah, I had a massive argument with korg customer service over this very issue, I managed to find my log in details in the end and all was well. Even if you had the box with serial number in my case it wasnt enough for mr prick at korg uk.

I now have a useless dongle as they droped that, I just use the warez version.

More on topic, Any one using renoise? I am a big fan for song construction.
NoAffiliation
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NoAffiliation »

live, fl studio, reaper, komplete, uad 2, fabfilter, voxengo, elysia, flux, nugen, utonic, sugarbytes

what specifically do you like about renoise composing compared to Live, always been interested in trying renoise. the midi editing in FL Studio for me is miles ahead of ableton
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

AK wrote:
tone-def wrote:
AK wrote:Does anybody here use a software modular synth/environment. ( not including Reaktor or Max/MSP ) ?

Recently been looking at Vaz modular and Tassman. No idea which is better or whether they are actually any good altogether. Just d/l'd the demo for Tassman so I'll give that a whirl for a few hrs and see what it's like. Just wondered if anyone had any opinions on these, or whether there's anything else I might have missed. I know there's at least 2 more, Void and Karma fx system but none of those look that appealing to me.
Karma is much better than tassman. I tried the demo of tassman but didn't like it. Karma got really good reviews and now I have a DAW that can host VST I might give it ago. Not really sure I need another modular with Reaktor, Reason and plan for eurorack.
I have just been trying out Tassman. It's ok but a lot of the default preset sounds are quite similar, esp. in the percussive section. There's some nice wooden/conga/fm kinda sounds but they all sound very samey. It would be pointless just getting it for those type of sounds ( even though I do like them ) The bass sounds didn't do anything for me at all, very hollow and odd, something just didn't feel right with them but I can't pinpoint it. Pads and ambient sounds are pretty decent but then I don't really use too much of those type of sounds. Gonna try that Karma out, I'm sure I read before that it was free.

Been eyeing up this too: http://www.defectiverecords.com/klee/index2.html
what did you think of karma?
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest