vsts , vsts

- ask away
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: vsts , vsts

Post by ::BLM:: »

for all them reason heads out there, you can now get the subtractor in reaktor. it comes with a better filter as well.
headband
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by headband »

Phase Ghost wrote:
Animoog - Moog's iPad synth. Kinda unbelievable sound out of this thing.
I agree with the Animoog recommendation, that thing sounds delicious for an iPad app.

As far as VSTs I'm really obsessed with everything G-Force has put out. ImpOSCar, Oddity, and their version of the Minimoog, MiniMonsta. I think it's superior to the Arturia one because you can put ADSR and LFO on evvvvvery parameter.

Sylenth1 is a good one too, it sounds a bit too... nice for my liking sometimes, but it can produce really warm sounding stuff if you fiddle with it a bit.
cytoplasm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cytoplasm »

Pigeon Provider wrote:Any of you guys using maschine from native? I had the pleasure of using one for a few days, didn't buy it though as I thought I would wait for revision 2.
i think arturia's spark is more awesome.. since you can control multiple instruments at once and have midi out AFAIK..

stuff i use is Synth Squad (Especially Fusor for its step sequencer and extra modulators..), Ace, Absynth5, Discovery, and the Ableton Suite Instruments.
For drums it's Microtonic, Drumspillage, occasionally BFD Eco, EKS-9 for kicks and the above mentioned for extended madness..

I've also been toying around with AALTO, it's 33% off right now btw.. (and Synth Squad is 99$!)
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mono-xID »

FX: Lexicon PCM Native Reverb Bundle
Audio Damage Dub Station
Sonnox Oxford Bundle
Sonalksis Plug-Ins
Brainworx Plug-Ins
Elysia M-Pressor
SPL Analog Code Plug-Ins

Synths/Drums: FX Pansion DCAM Synth Squad
FX Pansion Geist
XFER Nerve
Camel Audio Alchemy
Waldorf Largo
Ableton's Operator
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Phase Ghost wrote:
Granite - Granular synth plugin. Super fuckin awesome in every way. I almost don't want to tell people about it.
I tried the demo of that some time ago after reading about it on an IDM forum. Never did give it chance though as, from what I remember, I couldn't get it to shut up for a second. I fired it up in Live and off it went, I have a short temper like that, I just got pissed off with it and threw it out. :lol: I should probably give it another go, sounds interesting.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

lem wrote:
tone-def wrote:I did like some of the logic instruments and effects but the workflow is not for me. I would have stuck with Pro Tools but I don't like the way they do business so with regret I'm moving to my 3rd DAW in 3 years!
I like the Logic plugs, but I have been learning Ableton recently and tried to use Logic and it all seemed really difficult! After a good 12 months learning the thing!
You got it bad tho, 3 daws in 3 years. It's like you attract the wrong type! :lol:

Whats wrong with Digidesign, just outta intrest? Maybe you should just get an Octatrack or something?
The problem with digidesign is they want over £300 just for a software update! Don't get me wrong I think it's the best software out there but I don't want to pay those kind of prices every couple of years. It's cheaper to switch!

I just don't the octratrack and I hate external midi. When I start buying hardware in a couple of months it's all going to be CV controlled with silent way.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

tone-def wrote:
lem wrote:
tone-def wrote:I did like some of the logic instruments and effects but the workflow is not for me. I would have stuck with Pro Tools but I don't like the way they do business so with regret I'm moving to my 3rd DAW in 3 years!
I like the Logic plugs, but I have been learning Ableton recently and tried to use Logic and it all seemed really difficult! After a good 12 months learning the thing!
You got it bad tho, 3 daws in 3 years. It's like you attract the wrong type! :lol:

Whats wrong with Digidesign, just outta intrest? Maybe you should just get an Octatrack or something?
The problem with digidesign is they want over £300 just for a software update! Don't get me wrong I think it's the best software out there but I don't want to pay those kind of prices every couple of years. It's cheaper to switch!

I just don't the octratrack and I hate external midi. When I start buying hardware in a couple of months it's all going to be CV controlled with silent way.
£300, that does suck. But when I have stable software, I don't normally care about the new features offered in updates. I just hold off until really really great features come out. Which 90% of the time I never use anyway.

As much as I like to toy with the idea of playing exclusive modular, I don't think its gonna happen any time soon. Part of me also thinks that it's being done really well already so I need to expand on it with different gear.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Does anybody here use a software modular synth/environment. ( not including Reaktor or Max/MSP ) ?

Recently been looking at Vaz modular and Tassman. No idea which is better or whether they are actually any good altogether. Just d/l'd the demo for Tassman so I'll give that a whirl for a few hrs and see what it's like. Just wondered if anyone had any opinions on these, or whether there's anything else I might have missed. I know there's at least 2 more, Void and Karma fx system but none of those look that appealing to me.