Best synth for 300 euros

- ask away
kenah
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Best synth for 300 euros

Post by kenah »

well , i would try to save more money for the best model for a little bit more money for each of the synths , maybe will try to save money to get some better synths . love the walforf pulse as well as the novation a station , more other posibilities regarding synth around more money not just under 300 euros , maybe more , maybe 500-700 euro each , I would really stick up with some nice piece of gear like the walforf . other options ? all kind of synths are good to know :)
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

I wouldn't buy a 300 euro hardware synth. Can't really think of any good ones, besides maybe a Pulse. Save up some more and buy something proper, or stick to software is my advice.
djd_oz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by djd_oz »

Doepfer Dark Energy second hand maybe something to consider or DSI mopho or blofeld.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

AK wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:I have wanted a pulse for ages. Spec wise it looks fantastic, just finding a cheap one now looks unlikely.

I really wish we had somewhere where we could go and just play with a ton of synths. It's pretty hard to make your mind up with so many choices out there.
Mate, they're awesome, seriously. I'd own a rack of them in a heartbeat. Once you get your way around the interface, the sounds are just quality. It's an undiscovered gem and to be honest, I'm glad. Envelopes are snappy as f*ck, I like to be able to make really twangy basses if I want to and a lot of synths don't go to the point of satisying me when it comes to that but the Pulse does, it's seriously good. Anybody who has used it and knows it will tell you the same thing. If the Pulse was a keyboard version like the SH101, I'd take the Pulse without a blink of an eye. It does a really extreme amount of sounds, so you can get the most out of the freq spectrum, there's some sweet spots for sure but other synths wont allow you to venture that far. It's just mad. Get one!

Ever since this thread popped up I have been seriously looking into getting a waldorf pulse. I'm broke at the moment because I just booked a holiday, but I just watched a pulse go for £185 on ebay. Such a good price, gutted I didnt buy it to be honest.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

::BLM:: wrote: Ever since this thread popped up I have been seriously looking into getting a waldorf pulse. I'm broke at the moment because I just booked a holiday, but I just watched a pulse go for £185 on ebay. Such a good price, gutted I didnt buy it to be honest.
I watched it too, nearly bid on it but my phone died. My wallet is happy now.

There is one on there for £200 starting bid, which is still a good price. There have been some good gear at good prices on ebay recently. But other stuff, it's just silly.
I might be selling an analogue poly soon if anyone is interested.
jackbrazzo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jackbrazzo »

Lem - I might be selling an analogue poly soon if anyone is interested.

A Korg Polysix?
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

No, thats the one I am keeping! Even though it is far to big!

I'm selling my Sixtrak. I only have room for one big keyboard. Will be sad to see it go tbh.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

lem wrote:
::BLM:: wrote: Ever since this thread popped up I have been seriously looking into getting a waldorf pulse. I'm broke at the moment because I just booked a holiday, but I just watched a pulse go for £185 on ebay. Such a good price, gutted I didnt buy it to be honest.
I watched it too, nearly bid on it but my phone died. My wallet is happy now.

There is one on there for £200 starting bid, which is still a good price. There have been some good gear at good prices on ebay recently. But other stuff, it's just silly.
I might be selling an analogue poly soon if anyone is interested.

the £200 has updated firmware, so its worth it.

Just a shame xmas is coming up and I have no money othewise I would buy it.