Quality is overrated

- ask away
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Quality is overrated

Post by tone-def »

Another interest read from Stefan Goldmann. Also read everything popular is wrong if you haven't already.

http://www.littlewhiteearbuds.com/featu ... usic-pt-1/
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Quality is overrated

Post by AK »

I kinda read it but I'm not sure I actually understood it. :|
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Cool read thanks def.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

That was a good read. I usually don't care much for analysis which reeks so much of the social sciences but it was certainly thought provoking. Lots of good insights to explore. I like that the author included footnotes to back up their claims / references. You don't see that enough with bloggers / websites. A sign of quality.

A few things stood out to me while reading...

1. I find Lady Gaga repulsive and unsettling in many ways.

2. This was interesting...
A nineteenth-century French novelist named Arsène Houssaye coined the phrase “the 41st chair” to describe the plight of talented individuals, deserving of rewards or recognition, who are nevertheless bypassed as these rewards are garnered by a select few. Houssaye’s phrase was inspired by the Académie Francaise. This elite institution, founded in 1635 during the rule of Louis XIII, was designed to identify and reward the nation’s greatest talents. If you are elected to one of the 40 seats you retain your position for life. These positions are so important to French society that the members of the Académie are called the “immortals.” The immortals that have held seats include some of France’s most famous citizens, from Dumas to Poincairé to Voltaire. It is intriguing though that the likes of Descartes, Molière, Rousseau, Saint-Simon, Diderot, Stendahl, Flaubert, Zola and Proust never got in. It was not that they lacked the ability. It was just that the limitation in numbers made them inhabitants of the “forty-first chair.”[11]
Once minimal outgrew loop techno (you know, the stuff Adam Beyer used to do)
I have always thought his music was very loopy but I have never heard anyone say that before. I have this one record from him off of drumcode... I swear each track is just one loop repeated 6-8 times. I can't even say why I bought it... but I think this article might explain why :)
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

thanks for sharing that link (why do I not read lwe anymore??) I thought the article put to words many of the things that one has felt an understanding of, but haven't quite so narrowly defined
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

The first article he wrote was also very good. Not had the time to read this one yet, but will do at some point.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

::BLM:: wrote:The first article he wrote was also very good. Not had the time to read this one yet, but will do at some point.
Yes, Stefan has been on point in a few articles this year, plus a few notes on his facebook page..
Alert
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Alert »

Good read.

:green: