iZotope Ozone 5 discount

- ask away
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: iZotope Ozone 5 discount

Post by Barfunkel »

I tried the Ozone demo briefly and wasn't impressed. The controls often seem to go from inaudible effect to horrible distortion. Of course I don't have a treated room nor B&W 800 speakers, so take my words with a grain of salt.

I much prefer Cytomic the Glue compressor + some freeware limiter on the master bus.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

Barfunkel wrote:........Of course I don't have a treated room nor B&W 800 speakers, so take my words with a grain of salt.
I would have thought that regardless to room and gear, distortion is distortion. If it sounds bad on your setup chances are it will sound bad on many other setups.

I'm wondering if a simple hardware setup would be better than software anyway...
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

john clees wrote:I've used 2 and 3. I really enjoy the multiple features/combinations that you can use with this.
what do you mean by 2 and 3? sounds like the greatest plugin names of all time :)
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by manzatour »

hydrogen wrote:
john clees wrote:I've used 2 and 3. I really enjoy the multiple features/combinations that you can use with this.
what do you mean by 2 and 3? sounds like the greatest plugin names of all time :)
come on.... never heard of plugins 2 and 3?? :D :D :D
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by manzatour »

lem wrote:I'm wondering if a simple hardware setup would be better than software anyway...
depends on which plugin vs which hardware and on the correction that has to be done on the premaster