Micro Modular Help...

- ask away
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Micro Modular Help...

Post by Mono-xID »

got my dirty hands finally on of these little beautys but without the manual.I would like to use it within my DAW (Live 8) but i'm curious how it works.I tweak a patch in the Modular Editor and then download it to the synth (to Slot 1 wich shows me the MIDI in's & out's of my Audio Interface).The synth is MIDI-connected with the Interface.So how can i route the synth now in live?...any help is very appreciated...sorry for the bad english
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Micro Modular Help...

Post by hydrogen »

I hope i understood your question correctly... But it sounds like you want to sequence the modular from live.

Try this... Setup the midi in the preferences in ableton live. There is a midi tab you should see a page with a grid with on/off buttons allowing Track, sync, remote.

To sequence an instrument u should just need to turn on the outgoing Track that ur instrument is hooked up to

Then create a new midi channel and set the output I/O of the track to that midi option you just setup.

This is all in the ableton manual in casey instructions are a poor. Good luck!
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mono-xID »

thanks for helping out man....will check if it works tomorrow....mainly i just wanna have audio signal from the synth in live...i would then record it and work with that resampled stuff.....but thanks for the tip,to sequence it within live would be very cool...
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

You should consult your ableton Manual... But it's quite easy. This is from memory... Plug the outputs into your soundcard. Enable the inputs in the audio configuration screen. Enable 0 latency monitoring on those channels... U should be able to hear the device now. Create a new audio track. In the i/o select those inputs. Click arm for record on the channel and click record at the top of the screen, then click play.
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mono-xID »

ok got it now....got the audio in live and can record now..but somehow the sequencing doesn't work (and i read the ableton manual)....must be some wrong prefences in the modular...

but thanx for helpin' out hydro....appreciated
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

make sure you got the right midi channel selected on the modular and are sending it out properly... there are some midi lights in the upper right of live8. best again to consult the manual... or maybe even a youtube video. cheers!
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mono-xID »

will try....tricky with gear he he...i know ableton very well...been using it over 3 years now,but the modular is my first piece of gear so i have to learn how to get this all going...deffo another thing like drag some VSTi in your host.. :shock:

but i like the sound of the little modular

greetz
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

you need to send midi through the midi interface you use.
i guess that the default is the audio interface midi, which is not connected to the micro m.