ZedR16 Problems already :-(

- ask away
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: ZedR16 Problems already :-(

Post by lem »

Opuswerk wrote:.... Are you sure there's no digital feedback?
Thats what I thought initially, but the OP said he left a loop running and made a cuppa. So I assume he didn't change any controls before it started making that noise.

I'm not sure that there is a source of white noise in most mixing desks. If something shorted it would be a much less consistant noise than white.

I'm thinking it's a digital issue.

Have you contacted A&H yet?
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

hydrogen wrote:sucks dude! :( :( makes me question a&h these days.
for the past couple of years i've been posting negative comments about A&H DJ mixers, ive had so many problems with them at my events, but i was talking to a hire company last year and they reckoned that A&H had sorted their sh!t out, and the quality control in China had improved, so i bought a Xone 92, and after only being used a couple of times i got an electric shock off it.
i angrily sent it back and was pitching to get my money back, but they insisted that with a new power supply it would be fine, and as i needed a Xone 92 for Freerotation as it is the most popular mixer for the artists, i kind of had no choice.

it came back and has worked perfectly ever since, and its a very nice sweet sounding mixer.

i'd say any problems are down to poor quality control of components in China, not the design.

but this problem sounds very un-analogue like, ive never ever had anything like that happen with any of the many mixers ive had.
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

Maybe the firmware is corrupted somehow? Have you tried re-installing the firmware?
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

Hey chaps,

I have had the mixer running all day without problem.
If it's a digital issue then could it possibly have something to do with my computer going into sleep mode while linked to the desk? I wasn't using a DAW at the time of the noise though, but had been playing some music from the computer earlier on in the day. I did though turn everything on and off and the noise still returned later with nothing connected.

I'll keep you posted.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

I would at least let A&H know that you had problems, it could help future users. or your warranty!
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

Hey chaps,
Just an update: This hasn't occured since so please take back any A&H badmouthing.
Still puzzled though.