sending tracks around that aren't released yet

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: sending tracks around that aren't released yet

Post by oblioblioblio »

got you. just didn't like the word relevant, but maybe you just meant it in terms of record stores. thanks for clarifying.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I believe that its a really good time to be making whatever music you want and then selling it at the moment. Genres more then ever seem to be fusing together which is great for artists that like to create all sorts of stuff.

Just that distribution at the moment is really the downfall. So getting a good distribution that gets you in the relevant stores is a must.
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

Only sayin this in a ''I'M well pleased'' kinda way, but the first and only track (edit) I've ever tried to push sold out on Juno today! :D
(sorry OP)
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

kristofason wrote:Only sayin this in a ''I'M well pleased'' kinda way, but the first and only track (edit) I've ever tried to push sold out on Juno today! :D
(sorry OP)
Fuuuck! I wanted to get that one m8! When did it come out?!
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

Monday son!
Vinyl at the moment but digital is bein set up around about now too!! Juno, Phonica etc are sellin it! Cheers mate!

Back on topic..!, I let a 100 odd downloads of the track before I got in touch with Prime and they still wanted to put it out! I'm still undecided as to whether it was a good idea to do that, but to be fair it wasn't untill I saw the amount of requests for the track that I decided to try and get it put out...
I had a bit of a plan which was to send the track (via SC and email) to a handfull of known dj's that I thought would like the style and it worked (a few ignored me though!), infact the dj that payed the most interest put me intouch with Prime.

I'm working on a new one at he moment, this time I'm gonna let Prime and some dj's hear it first before I decide to give a few out.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

hm, i wanna hear it, but can't find you with "kristofason" on juno ? can anyone help?