Making Groovy beats

- ask away
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Making Groovy beats

Post by Hades »

ok, last reply was posted same time as his.
so yeah, we're understanding what he means I guess...
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

tHEfAKEsTEVE wrote:
AK wrote:I'm not sue quite what you're getting at tHEfAKEsTEVE, but please respect the fact that a lot of guys on here are absolutely capable of making the loops that you are on about. It's not a 'secret' thing bro, even I can whack those up in headphones mate, it's not rocket science, it's just silly and piss easy.

A lot of us write our own music on here, and we make and design our own sounds ( there's often conflict over even that but hey! ) It is what it is and we are what we are, but how is it ever making music if you are joining loops?. -squint
Ok, i say that is not a rocket science too, but why u don't have to join a loop if it sounds good in your track? -.-
What's wrong with that?
I find that if something sounds good than it is good..this doesn't mean that i make track just with loop, i made a lot of track without using any kind of loop and making my own stuff.
I think that great artists do masterpieces, not because they're not joining loop, BUT just because they write good ideas, they write something special that could be vocals, strings, pianos, xylophone or whatever that sounds like anything else.
That's it.
If u make a pop song and u start to do it with a loop, that's called MAKING MUSIC too.
This comes down to one thing with me, and that is: I have a passion for creating music. Here the emphasis is on 'making'. I, at any point, don't want to have 'other peoples music' involved in my own music. I write and create stuff from the word GO. I'm not looking for sales or anything, I already have a sh!t hot job and earn a lot of money. I make music because I am INTO music, really, I am, almost spiritually. Been there, done that at breakspoll for a number of yrs, had releases but it's only since I found this website and a lot of what I would call TRUE LOVERS OF MUSIC, that i really changed. If you realy love music, the idea of loops isn't even worth arguing against bro.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Sorry but I feel the op could do better with a bit of music theory and experimentation. Music is wonderful, it saved me from a life of crime and violence. Making music, for me, is the single most thing I would hate to lose.

Bro, let's write music, not 'e-jay' it.
tHEfAKEsTEVE
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tHEfAKEsTEVE »

AK wrote:
tHEfAKEsTEVE wrote:
AK wrote:I'm not sue quite what you're getting at tHEfAKEsTEVE, but please respect the fact that a lot of guys on here are absolutely capable of making the loops that you are on about. It's not a 'secret' thing bro, even I can whack those up in headphones mate, it's not rocket science, it's just silly and piss easy.

A lot of us write our own music on here, and we make and design our own sounds ( there's often conflict over even that but hey! ) It is what it is and we are what we are, but how is it ever making music if you are joining loops?. -squint
Ok, i say that is not a rocket science too, but why u don't have to join a loop if it sounds good in your track? -.-
What's wrong with that?
I find that if something sounds good than it is good..this doesn't mean that i make track just with loop, i made a lot of track without using any kind of loop and making my own stuff.
I think that great artists do masterpieces, not because they're not joining loop, BUT just because they write good ideas, they write something special that could be vocals, strings, pianos, xylophone or whatever that sounds like anything else.
That's it.
If u make a pop song and u start to do it with a loop, that's called MAKING MUSIC too.
This comes down to one thing with me, and that is: I have a passion for creating music. Here the emphasis is on 'making'. I, at any point, don't want to have 'other peoples music' involved in my own music. I write and create stuff from the word GO. I'm not looking for sales or anything, I already have a sh!t hot job and earn a lot of money. I make music because I am INTO music, really, I am, almost spiritually. Been there, done that at breakspoll for a number of yrs, had releases but it's only since I found this website and a lot of what I would call TRUE LOVERS OF MUSIC, that i really changed. If you realy love music, the idea of loops isn't even worth arguing against bro.

I repeat, using loop in a track is creating music too.
If u need a voice or a chorus in the song, what u'll do? Buy a new voice to make it?
If u have to do a bongo or a djembe loop, what u'll do? Buy a bongo and play it?

By my point of view there'll be more "emphasis" by learning to play pianos, flute, xylo, trumpet, strings, hangdrums and using them in a creative way in tracks with loop(s) than spending hours working on a battery pattern or percussions and gettin worst results than using samples, or loops.
AND THIS IS NOT for the MONEY or to RELEASE TRACKS..it's for the MUSIC ITSELF.
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

AK wrote: This comes down to one thing with me, and that is: I have a passion for creating music. Here the emphasis is on 'making'. I, at any point, don't want to have 'other peoples music' involved in my own music. I write and create stuff from the word GO. I'm not looking for sales or anything, I already have a sh!t hot job and earn a lot of money. I make music because I am INTO music, really, I am, almost spiritually. Been there, done that at breakspoll for a number of yrs, had releases but it's only since I found this website and a lot of what I would call TRUE LOVERS OF MUSIC, that i really changed. If you realy love music, the idea of loops isn't even worth arguing against bro.
wow.
amen to that ! 8)
there's no way I could've said that better :D
I have exactly the same feeling about it.
I'm doing this because I must.
If I ever make anything that's good enough to be released, then great. But if I never get to that point, I won't feel worse about my life.
People see my studio and ask me stupid questions like "what do you want to achieve with this ?".
Achieve ??? -urk
I want to try to make something beautiful that preferably touches my soul, if not I'll settle for a nice groove and have fun while trying.
Whether or not the thing I try to make can touch other people is beside the point. If it can, then great, if not, then so be it. I don't do this to please others or gain money.
They never ask anyone that plays a classic guitar or flute or whatever "what do you want to achieve with this ?", but as soon as you have a home studio, you're supposed to be in it for releasing stuff and trying to gain shitloads of money.
That fact alone says a lot about how electronical music has boomed and that there is a LOT of crappy electronical music being produced nowadays. :?

fakesteve, you talk about making "THE TRACK".
qué ? -urk -urk
I think we live in different worlds of electronical music.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

If u need a voice or a chorus in the song, what u'll do? Buy a new voice to make it?
If u have to do a bongo or a djembe loop, what u'll do? Buy a bongo and play it?

90% of the time my answer to these questions would be yes.

I understand why people use loops though. Its easy and they are right there for everyone to download for free from various torrent sites. Plus when you add them to your music it instantly gives them that fullness that many people want.

I think once you start searching for your own sound, then you move away from premade stuff but untill then I was kind of happy to use them without having any doubts about using premade loops in music. :D
Thing is now though I would much rather mic up a conga and create my own rather then searching for one that fits in my piece of music.
Last edited by ::BLM:: on Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rein
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rein »

tHEfAKEsTEVE wrote:I repeat, using loop in a track is creating music too.
one could always use oneshots to create your own loop. way better because you have full control of the sounds you want to use + the groove.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

::BLM:: wrote:

90% of the time my answer to these questions would be yes.

I understand why people use loops though. Its easy and they are right there for everyone to download for free from various torrent sites. Plus when you add them to your music it instantly gives them that fullness that many people want.

I think once you start searching for your own sound, then you move away from premade stuff but untill then I was kind of happy to use them without having any doubts about using premade loops in music. :D
Thing is now though I would much rather mic up a conga and create my own rather then searching for one that fits in my piece of music.
To add to BLM's point,
I find that I can create conga sounds without a conga. It won't have the same expression as a 'real' conga, but it will have plenty of expression. The fact it isn't 'real' conga expression is what makes it MY sound.

I could make any beat (kick clap)with any samples and throw a loopmasters hi-hat loop over it and it would sound full of groove. But I am not making that groove. I am making the bread and butter sounds, not the energy.