doepfer dark energy problem

- ask away
mehta
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: doepfer dark energy problem

Post by mehta »

Yep I have done all the tests. The LEDs don't respond to LFO rate at all (solid yellow) although the ADSR LED responds to my CV keyboard. Doepfer is getting back to me on Nov. 2.

I haven't tried using MIDI at all (I don't even own a MIDI keyboard)

I'll forward this thread to the retailer
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

I would ring them if i were you, emails can be lost in a pile. unless its a private seller, i.e ebay.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

When my friend brought over his dark energy it took us a while to figure out how to make it not create a solid tone. Lol... Scared the crap out of me actually, especially cause I was debating modular for some time... Thinking it wasn't so complicated... I'm just going to stick with the standard kits for another year or so...
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

hydrogen wrote:When my friend brought over his dark energy it took us a while to figure out how to make it not create a solid tone. Lol... Scared the crap out of me actually, especially cause I was debating modular for some time... Thinking it wasn't so complicated... I'm just going to stick with the standard kits for another year or so...
the DE isnt even modular.

modular is easy bro.

my girlfriend got it in two hours, she's never played and instrument in her life.
cosmosuave
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cosmosuave »

I have 2 DE's and you may want to check the following things...

1 - On the VCA section make sure the Source switch is set to ADSR AM knob (5) AMP knob (0) ADSR range (med)with this your ADSR should trigger and if you turn up the AMP knob without it being triggered you should here audio...

2 - Turn LFO1 on... VCA source (LFO1) AM knob (5) you should here some audio...

You mention that the ADSR triggers so you should check that VCA source switch... The above should work if not then it is an issue with the unit...
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

steevio wrote:my girlfriend got it in two hours, she's never played and instrument in her life.
yes two hours... but i was thinking i would have it picked up in seconds... but it took me some time longer. to wrap my head around the cv parts of the unit and all the different switches... it was unlike anything i used before... then I realized that you can get really deep... especially when you compound the modules its and in that sense it is insanely complicated. kind of like digital synthesis but more gratifiying ;)
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
mehta
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mehta »

sorted. embarrassingly enough, I was using an AC to DC adapter although the electronics supply place had initially told me otherwise. great little synth
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

mehta wrote:sorted. embarrassingly enough, I was using an AC to DC adapter although the electronics supply place had initially told me otherwise. great little synth
Be really really careful with mistakes like that, it can fully break your gear. It's on of the joys of wallwart psu's. I have learnt the hard way, you have got lucky!