doepfer dark energy problem

- ask away
mehta
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

doepfer dark energy problem

Post by mehta »

Hi there, not sure if anyone can help me out here

I recently purchased a doepfer dark energy and the LFO leds are initially yellow instead of red/green and it hasn't made any sound except for a barely audible click from my control keyboard.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: doepfer dark energy problem

Post by lem »

I don't know much on the Dark energy, but i would contact the shop and arrange a replacement.
It could b a dodgy board. in which case, it could completely stop working after a year or so.
contact the shop asap.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

mehta wrote:Hi there, not sure if anyone can help me out here

I recently purchased a doepfer dark energy and the LFO leds are initially yellow instead of red/green and it hasn't made any sound except for a barely audible click from my control keyboard.
LFO s dont make any sound bro. they are modulators. (unless it can go up to audio speed)

or do you mean the whole machine doesnt make any sound ?

the manual for the A111.5 module which is the same as the dark energy, says that sometimes the green LED is yellow instead, so maybe your LFO is set to a very low speed and is staying in the positive part of the cycle, so the LED is staying yellow
Last edited by steevio on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

when you are playing it via midi, does the led flash in the rear panel?
mehta
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mehta »

steevio wrote:

LFO s dont make any sound bro. they are modulators. (unless it can go up to audio speed)

the manual for the A111.5 module which is the same as the dark energy, says that sometimes the green LED is yellow instead, so maybe your LFO is set to a very low speed and is staying in the positive part of the cycle, so the LED is staying yellow
Upon further investigation, the yellow LEDs aren't necessarily a problem.

But no, the unit isn't making any sound at all - I'm in touch with the dealer and hopefully they can sort me out.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

mehta wrote:
steevio wrote:

Upon further investigation, the yellow LEDs aren't necessarily a problem.

But no, the unit isn't making any sound at all - I'm in touch with the dealer and hopefully they can sort me out.
is the oscillator making any sound on its own ? just a lead from the VCO straight into your amp/monitor ?
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

have you turned up the volume? :)
or using a correct power adapter?
Android
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Android »