gear + dust

- ask away
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: gear + dust

Post by sorgenkind »

from the title i thought this was a thread about covering gear when not in use against dust. something I do, since at the moment i only have time to hit the studio on weekends (well, normaly, haven't been in the studio since some time now).

In fact i promised steevio to check the tempo of my 909 but I still haven't got around to make it, but I haven't forgotten.

I have some stuff collecting dust too:

behringer patchbay (replaced by 4 neutrik patchbays)
dbx 266xl (replaced by 2 fmr rnc and one fmr rnla)
phonic digital delay with no midi and very limited parameters
yamaha fb-01 (a half rack fm sound module, it has no filter any the only way to program it is via some crappy editors)
behringer virtualizer pro (came for free with the mixer)
lexicon mx400 (started to be really hissy and noisy, tried to use it recently but the noise just spoils everything and I can't for the life of me get around to use it via spdif with my 2 rme)

it's stuff i don't even dare to sell since it's either crap or it doesn't work as it should, so it's just lying around in the studio...
if someone wants the fb-01 (it's a nice module per se, i just hate editors which doesn't work as a VST) I can give it away for free, you just have to pay the postage.
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

MFB-SYNTH LITE II - My first and somewhat unispirational taste of analogue gear.
I don't think the sound is very fat (probably due to it's digital oscillators) and it also does things it is not supposed to do which makes me question the build of MFB.
I bought it being all excited, although found myself never switching it on after a couple of weeks.
Maybe I need to give it a proper go.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

I've had a fair few things that were just not being used. At the moment, not much really, A Novation Super Bass Station rack unit, a Yamaha RM1x, a couple of Boss drum machines and 2 controller keyboards are somewhere in my flat. Nothing that I miss, although I really liked using the sequencer on the RM1x, the sounds though, are terrible.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

ive got a rack full of compressors i dont use.

cant bring myself to sell them though, you never know when youre going to need a load of compressors for recording live instruments. like when i give up with techno :lol:
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

steevio wrote:......like when i give up with techno :lol:
yeah like that will ever happen! techno is life bro