Programming a nice kick with the Mbase11 ?

- ask away
Post Reply
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi
Posts: 3495
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:18 pm
Location: wales UK
Contact:

Re: Programming a nice kick with the Mbase11 ?

Post by steevio » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:35 pm

::BLM:: wrote:I made it myself.

I have loads of presets. I'll post up some later on when I'm with my Mbase.
thats the whole point of the mbase isnt it ? to make your own kickdrums. do people just use the factory presets ?

User avatar
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi
Posts: 712
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:19 am
Location: Pittsburgh, US
Contact:

Re: Programming a nice kick with the Mbase11 ?

Post by Phase Ghost » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:21 pm

Ugh. This thread is making me want to get an mbase.

User avatar
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi
Posts: 588
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:57 pm
Location: germany
Contact:

Re: Programming a nice kick with the Mbase11 ?

Post by deccard » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:09 pm

steevio wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:I made it myself.

I have loads of presets. I'll post up some later on when I'm with my Mbase.
thats the whole point of the mbase isnt it ? to make your own kickdrums. do people just use the factory presets ?
i think the mbase is shitty to program. especially the new one. having a good starting point helps a lot.
techno made me do it

steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi
Posts: 3495
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:18 pm
Location: wales UK
Contact:

Re: Programming a nice kick with the Mbase11 ?

Post by steevio » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:16 pm

deccard wrote:
steevio wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:I made it myself.

I have loads of presets. I'll post up some later on when I'm with my Mbase.
thats the whole point of the mbase isnt it ? to make your own kickdrums. do people just use the factory presets ?
i think the mbase is shitty to program. especially the new one. having a good starting point helps a lot.
whats wrong with the new one mate ?

i was considering upgrading but if its sh!t to program maybe not.

the mbase 01 is dead easy.

User avatar
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi
Posts: 588
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:57 pm
Location: germany
Contact:

Re: Programming a nice kick with the Mbase11 ?

Post by deccard » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:29 pm

steevio wrote:
deccard wrote:
steevio wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:I made it myself.

I have loads of presets. I'll post up some later on when I'm with my Mbase.
thats the whole point of the mbase isnt it ? to make your own kickdrums. do people just use the factory presets ?
i think the mbase is shitty to program. especially the new one. having a good starting point helps a lot.
whats wrong with the new one mate ?

i was considering upgrading but if its sh!t to program maybe not.

the mbase 01 is dead easy.
just personal. i wish it had more knobs ;)
dunno i got the desired sound faster on the old one. also the old one sounds a bit different. maybe thats the point for me.
techno made me do it

steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi
Posts: 3495
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:18 pm
Location: wales UK
Contact:

Re: Programming a nice kick with the Mbase11 ?

Post by steevio » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:37 pm

deccard wrote:
steevio wrote:
deccard wrote:
steevio wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:I made it myself.

I have loads of presets. I'll post up some later on when I'm with my Mbase.
thats the whole point of the mbase isnt it ? to make your own kickdrums. do people just use the factory presets ?
i think the mbase is shitty to program. especially the new one. having a good starting point helps a lot.
whats wrong with the new one mate ?

i was considering upgrading but if its sh!t to program maybe not.

the mbase 01 is dead easy.
just personal. i wish it had more knobs ;)
dunno i got the desired sound faster on the old one. also the old one sounds a bit different. maybe thats the point for me.
yes it should have more knobs agreed.

::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi
Posts: 2630
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: London

Re: Programming a nice kick with the Mbase11 ?

Post by ::BLM:: » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:34 am

more knobs to do what?

control multiple things in one go?

User avatar
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi
Posts: 2689
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:41 am

Re: Programming a nice kick with the Mbase11 ?

Post by hydrogen » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:13 am

deccard! i was supposed to post my panel that i made for ctlr. it just wasn't really perfect... so i didn't want to send it out... but it did the job. I'll put it up when i get home.

There are a couple of params that you cant touch with cc's, like the LFO types. That would be really nice to be able to adjust.

Another thing that is super annoying is if you automate the parameters you relinquish control of doing anything hands on. I had a bunch of the cc's mapped to parameter locks on the octatrack. and it was really cool for adjusting the decay and doing basslines, but i couldn't tweak the patch while the OT was sending the parameter changes. :(
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest

Post Reply