Hardware Synthesizer: Analog // Digital // Virtual Analg

- ask away
cosmosuave
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Hardware Synthesizer: Analog // Digital // Virtual Analg

Post by cosmosuave »

deccard wrote:if money really isnt a problem than what about a studio electronics omega 4/8 voice analog synth? and you can have different filter boards.
That looks like the ticket and as mentioned steer clear of VA...
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

hNRk wrote:im considering buying a hardware synth. As the subject suggest i am right now thinking about which kind of synth to buy - analog - digital - virtual analog -
there are 2 kinds of analog. one that is controlled by voltages and the other is controlled digitally. virtual analog are by all means a digital synths. there are also some hybrids that combine digital controlled analog and some parts are digital.

from my experience, digital controlled analog synths tend to sound thin so i rather have a digital one. voltage controlled synths gives a fatter and wider sound than any other kind.

if money is not an issue, get a modular ^^
cosmosuave
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cosmosuave »

Stomper wrote:
hNRk wrote:im considering buying a hardware synth. As the subject suggest i am right now thinking about which kind of synth to buy - analog - digital - virtual analog -
there are 2 kinds of analog. one that is controlled by voltages and the other is controlled digitally. virtual analog are by all means a digital synths. there are also some hybrids that combine digital controlled analog and some parts are digital.

from my experience, digital controlled analog synths tend to sound thin so i rather have a digital one. voltage controlled synths gives a fatter and wider sound than any other kind.

Not to knock modulars but he wants morphing pads and not once have I seen or heard a demo that has done so... It's always some crazy blippy sh!t at least on Matrixsynth...
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

cosmosuave wrote:
Stomper wrote:

Not to knock modulars but he wants morphing pads and not once have I seen or heard a demo that has done so... It's always some crazy blippy sh!t at least on Matrixsynth...
haha

a modular is perfect for making morphing pads.
cosmosuave
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cosmosuave »

steevio wrote:
cosmosuave wrote:
Stomper wrote:

haha

a modular is perfect for making morphing pads.
Post an example not something multi tracked...
hNRk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hNRk »

@steevio:

how would you describe handling of the voyager?

i ve been doing quite some stuff with software synths, so i'd say i got a level that goes beyond using presets.

is it tricky to get into?

anyone experience with the minimoog??
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

dude... The voyager is the BMW of synthesizers. You will love it.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

hNRk wrote:@steevio:

how would you describe handling of the voyager?

i ve been doing quite some stuff with software synths, so i'd say i got a level that goes beyond using presets.

is it tricky to get into?

anyone experience with the minimoog??
all i can say is it is absolute pleasure to use.

it must be one of the easiset synths to get into, but it never fails to keep suprising me with what it can do.

my band had a minimoog back in the 1980s, and its a fantastic synth, but the voyager is 21st century.

if you can afford a decent sized modular go for it, but it will take alot more learning, the Voyager is a good introduction into modular and can be integrated with it seamlessly.
and i'd say you would need at least £2500 to get an even modest modular set-up.

Voyager RME - u cant go wrong.