Info about some analog effect generators

- ask away
kenah
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Info about some analog effect generators

Post by kenah »

So, if there is an insane power in what the dark energy follows , in the synth part would be the dark energy vs. mono lancet ( maybe vs. retroverb , but it's the most challenging choice I have to make , the synth choice between all of the ones i just posted now ) .

In what the effect processor would be , maybe the Lexicon is an good choice, heard only good things about it allthough i haven't seen anything done with it
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

you cant go wrong with a lexicon reverb, i have an MX500 and an MX100, but have no idea what the MX400 is like, but i can only assume it will be in the same league.

the quality is very good, but they are basic machines that do one thing really well, they arent really wild effects, just realistic reverb.

you say you havent seen anything done with the MX400, well lexicon reverbs in general are probably the most ubiquitous in electronic music, their pro reverbs have been industry standards for decades, and their project studio equivalents use the same algorythms albeit with slightly less control over parameters.
i've been using lexicon reverbs as my only effects for many years. no complaints.
kenah
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenah »

Thank you for your help steevio , I am a really big fan of your work !

Only good thoughts about the MX's , the real deal I want to achieve is the need of effects and interaction between mpc and the other 2 gears I would buy for making a good setup . The MX400 would really be one of the options if i would really need it , the fact that i am so questioning is because i dont know if the mpc effects would do the entire deal , in fact i don't want to use soft effects , that is why i am trying to make a extra 2 gear choice in making the best .

So I think the Lexicon MX400 and an extra synth ( maybe Mono Lancet or Doepfer Dark Energy , maybe even the Retroverb ) would do the deal for the moment .

but i don't have a analog mixer , yet .
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

kenah wrote:Thank you for your help steevio , I am a really big fan of your work !

Only good thoughts about the MX's , the real deal I want to achieve is the need of effects and interaction between mpc and the other 2 gears I would buy for making a good setup . The MX400 would really be one of the options if i would really need it , the fact that i am so questioning is because i dont know if the mpc effects would do the entire deal , in fact i don't want to use soft effects , that is why i am trying to make a extra 2 gear choice in making the best .

So I think the Lexicon MX400 and an extra synth ( maybe Mono Lancet or Doepfer Dark Energy , maybe even the Retroverb ) would do the deal for the moment .

but i don't have a analog mixer , yet .

It seems to me like you consider the retroverb as a synth, but it's not. It's really "just" a spring reverb. The only sound it can produce by itself is by crashing the springs or by using the filter as an oscilator, but that might be quite tricky...
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
kenah
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kenah »

i like the Ekdahl Moisturizer , will check how i can plug it to communicate with the mpc , knowing that for the moment i don't have a mixer . I would need this kind of device , mainly reverb/filer/delay extra processing . This one is one of the most mind blowing devices I've ever seen in it's tehnical range.