question about sampling

- ask away
sleepy7
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

question about sampling

Post by sleepy7 »

my knowledge of producing isn't isn't really up to par so I don't know much on the subject, but is it possible(or a technique) to sample sounds from a track by eliminating the other sounds so that you would just have the desired sound that you want at the end? Not necessarily just cutting out the vocal or snare but a distinct sound- I guess it would be hard if the track was cluttered with many sounds/effects, but if anyone could shed some light on this it would be helpful, thx! -smurf
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: question about sampling

Post by AK »

Man, this question must get asked a billion times, I wondered about it too.

In effect, no. It can't be done. There are certain techniques to do certain things like isolate vocals/remove vocals and stuff and they aren't that great but to put it bluntly, you simply can't isolate a certain sound within a mix and sample it.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

michaellpenman wrote:it can be done with a program like sonic worx I will allow you to separate certain elements
its pricy so i would try the demo first
http://www.prosoniq.com/
If that's something that actually works effectively, I'm blown away. Didn't think that type of thing even existed.
sheet1
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sheet1 »

thanks for this!
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

if you have a part of the track that is identical but dont have the element you want, you can invert the phase and mix them together so you get only that element as a result.
for instance, if there a kick and kick+snare and you only want the snare, invert the phase of the kick and mixed it with the kick+snare.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

That's the stuff I already knew how to do ( not that I do it ) I just know.

Incidently, if I were sampling a snare where a kick is under, I wouldn't be doing all that sh!t, I'd just HPass it. Jobs a good un.