Novation Remote SL37

- ask away
markos
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Novation Remote SL37

Post by markos »

Hey everyone,

So i am new to the forums here and had a quick question. I have a remote sl37 and want to peform a memory dump (get rid of all the factory settings so i can create my own templates). Does anyone have experience doing this or have any insight?

thanks,
Markos
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Novation Remote SL37

Post by lem »

You need to download the template manager, and go through the manual. its quite a long winded process to explain on a forum post.
i had always planned on doing the same thing but only ended up creating two patches for my external gear.
markos
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by markos »

lem wrote:You need to download the template manager, and go through the manual. its quite a long winded process to explain on a forum post.
i had always planned on doing the same thing but only ended up creating two patches for my external gear.
I have time if you do?
markos
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by markos »

OKAY!

so after a few weeks of going at this and trying to figure out the best way I finally came to a solution.

Not sure why it took so long to find this through google, but sometimes if you word your searches differently you get different results. In this case this is exactly what happened to me.

FOR ANYONE looking to have just a clean slate midi controller where you are able to quickly map knobs, faders, and sliders to record automation and you own an SL37 Remote, this is what you have to do:

1) remove automap (forget about it, loosen all tight ends that you have with it.)

2) download the remote sl template editor here: http://www.novationmusic.com/support/remote_sl/

3) download the midi CC learn template here: http://www.novationmusic.com/answerbase ... php?id=476

4) open up the template editor go to Device>Bulk Dump

5) click open and upload any template you want (i just loaded the factory templates)

6) after loading up all 40 templates you will notice them show up as a list on the left hand side of the bulk dump window

6) right click each one and choose "Replace With.."

7) search for the midi cc learn template you downloaded from the novation site and continue for each other template!

Once your done, your novation will now act as a basic midi controller allowing you to quickly midi map in ableton live

Hope this helps anyone else who was having the same issue as me!

Kind regards,
Markos