Producing HOT NATURED Sound..

- ask away
ZANDERHAY
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Producing HOT NATURED Sound..

Post by ZANDERHAY »

deccard wrote:
hydrogen wrote:Don't think its possible to produce this type of sound unless you become as cool as Jamie Jones or Lee Foss combined.
hehe...

but it all sounds like cheap softsynths. the jamie track chords sounds like a sylenth preset.
imho nothing special or difficult to achieve. the point of that sound is to like a lot cheese in your melodies.

definately agree with you here mate! the sound of jamie's basslines are jupiter 8's but the synths sound really.. easy? to make, just not quite got my fingers around it yet!!

you got any ideas of any soft synths they might use so i could check them out??
ZANDERHAY
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ZANDERHAY »

deccard wrote:
hydrogen wrote:Don't think its possible to produce this type of sound unless you become as cool as Jamie Jones or Lee Foss combined.
hehe...

but it all sounds like cheap softsynths. the jamie track chords sounds like a sylenth preset.
imho nothing special or difficult to achieve. the point of that sound is to like a lot cheese in your melodies.

definately agree with you here mate! the sound of jamie's basslines are jupiter 8's but the synths sound really.. easy? to make, just not quite got my fingers around it yet!!

deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

ZANDERHAY wrote:
deccard wrote:
hehe...

as i said try the sylenth1 for example. polykb also...the arturia stuff ofcourse...
techno made me do it
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

I don't think its that easy to make... but you just have to know how to make it. and its best if you know how to play it.

definitely check out those synths deccard posted and learn some scales.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

ZANDERHAY wrote:
yeah haha.. pretty confused.. i've not been producing long (only a year or so) and not musically trained whatsoever haha! i understand arpegio and staccato though, i was just curious as to what softsynths may have been used in these (and similar productions)

anyone have any ideas?
not being musically trained has very little to do with it.
I think your problem lies in thinking that getting piece of gear A or B will get you track X or Y.
I don't want to sound too rude, but usually when you don't get sound A or B, it's because you don't know enough how sound synthesis works.
Most people that make music have more than enough gear to make all the sounds they want with just a few softsynths, but they just don't realize it.
Many of us have been down that road where we kid ourselves that our music will obviously sound way better with just this or that piece of extra equipment.
I know I have.
I've probably owned around 15 or more hardware synths over the years, before I started scaling down. And that's not counting the softsynths.
The longer you are into this, the more you discover that you only need a certain good selection, instead of a whole arsenal.
Of course there are certain sounds which are almost impossible to make without a certain synth, but in case of normal subtractive synthesis, I dare say that most of the used synth sounds can be made with most subtractive synths.
There's only a small segment of the subtractive synth sounds that you need specific gear for.
Problem is that most people seem to think that for most of the synth sounds you need a very specific piece of gear and that only a few sounds can be made with most synths, while it's completely the opposite !!

Mind you, I'm only talking about sounds that are made with normal subtractive synthesis, not sounds that can only be made with additive, FM, wavetable, granular,... nor sounds that come from sampling, or post-synth processing through heavy FX / resampling,...
But since the sounds you ask about are obviously very normal subtractive sounds, don't worry about which softsynth you should get.
Just take any normal subtractive synth you already got, and try to program that sound in your synth.
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

hydrogen wrote: In my opinion maceo plex has the strongest sound out of all those guys on crosstown not sure what he is using but dude knows how to punch it out.
I agree 500% with this.
I also like his work under his maetrik alias
like this one :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crIQR4iI7lg

"all these mediocre... sorry-ass producers"
at least he's not afraid of being a bit sceptical towards the whole thing :lol:
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Hades wrote: "all these mediocre... sorry-ass producers"