Looking to buy a monomachine.

- ask away
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Looking to buy a monomachine.

Post by Barfunkel »

Or be a true slut and buy both! I'd love to have a Spectralis 2 on compliment my MnM. Judging from Spectralis demos, they would play together pretty well.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

I got inspired by barfunkels tracks and ordered one of these. ;)
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

Thanks! Always a pleasure to be an inspiration to someone.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Barfunkel wrote:Each track is monophonic, yes, it is a MONOmachine after all. However, there are these so called Ensemble Machines, which allow you to create chords. They're basically simple synths with 4 oscillators tuned to make chords.

My favorite machines in the whole synth actually.
When you say they're synths tuned to make chords, do you mean they are pre-tuned? ie: the 4 note chords are unchangeable, or are the intervals freely assignable? Also, when you ue an ensemble machine, does that still leave the other machines available ( polyphony swallowing? )

In other words, could you use an ensemble machine for each of the 'mono' machines and have more than 4 note chords?
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

AK wrote:
Barfunkel wrote:Each track is monophonic, yes, it is a MONOmachine after all. However, there are these so called Ensemble Machines, which allow you to create chords. They're basically simple synths with 4 oscillators tuned to make chords.

My favorite machines in the whole synth actually.
When you say they're synths tuned to make chords, do you mean they are pre-tuned? ie: the 4 note chords are unchangeable, or are the intervals freely assignable? Also, when you ue an ensemble machine, does that still leave the other machines available ( polyphony swallowing? )

In other words, could you use an ensemble machine for each of the 'mono' machines and have more than 4 note chords?
Intervals are freely assignable, you could set a machine to play, for example, the root and +3 +7 +10 to play a minor 7 chord. Or whatever you wish.

No, they don't swallow polyphony. The ensemble machines are essentially just monophonic synths with 4 oscillators, tuned to make chords.

You can set everymachine to be an ensemble machine if you wish.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Thanks for that. :D
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Barfunkel, are there any specific threads on the elektron users page that I should read about the monomachine? Thanks!
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

Can't remember any specific topics from the top of my head, but here's a useful link, compiled tips and tricks from the forum.

http://tarekith.com/assets/monomachine_ ... tricks.htm