Looking to buy a monomachine.

- ask away
pakelite
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Looking to buy a monomachine.

Post by pakelite »

hydrogen wrote:I dunno if I would get mk1 either.

I mean lack of chords isn't that big of a deal. But to me it's an incomplete machine without them. I really like the textures you can build with the ensembles and LFO combinations. But if you've already got a polysynth you'll be fine.

I think for me i just dream of selling everything but the elektrons and can still make music. :)

You can enter chords in Monomachine by pressing "Function" + "Poly" on any sound, but it reduces the 6 mono voices in one six-voices polyphony
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

pakelite wrote:
hydrogen wrote:I dunno if I would get mk1 either.

I mean lack of chords isn't that big of a deal. But to me it's an incomplete machine without them. I really like the textures you can build with the ensembles and LFO combinations. But if you've already got a polysynth you'll be fine.

I think for me i just dream of selling everything but the elektrons and can still make music. :)

You can enter chords in Monomachine by pressing "Function" + "Poly" on any sound, but it reduces the 6 mono voices in one six-voices polyphony
So you can make chords on mk1 but then have no polyphony left for anything else you mean?
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

That's what he means. It's a shame you can't allocate just some of the voices to the polymode, it's either 6 monosynths or 1 6-voice polysynth.

Sometimes I wish I had 2 Monomachines...
5meohd
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by 5meohd »

Barfunkel wrote:The difference is the user waves, which work the way you described. and more importantly, the Ensemble machines. You can't play chords using a single machine on a MK1.

I'd NEVER buy a MK1, no matter how cheap, as I use the Ensemble machines on practically all of my tracks and I feel they are the most useful of all the machines available.

say what? on chords: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr04/a ... achine.htm

this review of the original states it has the superwave ensemble... allowing you to create chords with the multiple oscillators.

can anyone confirm this.. I'm getting ready to buy a MK1 TODAY!!

thanks
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Mk1 is different than the mk11. I don't think the mk1 has the superwavestuff, but it still might have the 6 voice poly mode... Maybe there is a comparison chart but definetly look into it.

edit... lol i was just echoing what barfunkel said i just realized...

5meohd wrote:say what? on chords: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr04/a ... achine.htm

this review of the original states it has the superwave ensemble... allowing you to create chords with the multiple oscillators.

can anyone confirm this.. I'm getting ready to buy a MK1 TODAY!!

thanks
i've got the MKII but just check the FAQ on the site... http://www.elektron.se/products/monomachine?section=faq

Design:
The height of the Monomachine MKII is 63mm including rubber feet and encoders.
The height of the Monomachine MKI is 77mm including rubber feet and encoders.

Power supply:
A switched mode power supply for the MKII units, which allows the units to be used all over the globe without the need of voltage converters.
MKI units use an AC power supply. The two power supply types are not compatible.

S/N Ratio and outputs:
The S/N ratio of the Monomachine MKII is 100dB. The outputs are impedance balanced.
The S/N ratio of the Monomachine MKI is 91dB. The outputs are unbalanced.

User waveforms:
The Monomachine MKII has the capability of hosting user waveforms.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
5meohd
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by 5meohd »

exactly. the elektron site doesn't 'echo' the comments here and on other forums.. which is disturbing. However, I'm getting it and if I don't like it hopefully I don't lose too much :lol:

can't wait... I'm focusing on an all new workflow.. Maschine as master clock with as few other vst's as possible.. sending clock to my ultranova and the monomachine with the monomachine sequencing my monophonic eurorack..

my love, my ableton, might just get left out of the 'live' situation :oops:
TechnoMusic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TechnoMusic »

In the end I got a MNM for a while, I absolutely hated how it sounded and sold it on, also the lack of a separate patch system was really annoying IMHO.
Visit my http://technomusicnews.com/ News & Minimal Techno Blog
headband
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by headband »

I wish Elektron made a device just for sequencing your other synths, I don't think they do as far as I know but I love the style and playability of these sequencers.