808, 909 drum modules

- ask away
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

808, 909 drum modules

Post by steevio »

in case anyone is interested, the awesome module designers TipTop Audio have announced a range of 808, 909 analogue drum modules are coming soon.

http://www.tiptopaudio.com/

TipTop in my opinion are possibly the best designers out there, everyone of their modules is total quality and my guess is that these will be no exception.

there are already clones on the market made by Analogue systems, and some of these are good quality, but others are not accurate clones imo, and ive already bought and sold their 808 and 909 kick modules, because they didnt sound fat enough to me.

so if you are thinking of buying a drum machine in the near future and the Roland sound is your bag, its well worth checking these out when they arrive...
Audio Dependent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: 808, 909 drum modules

Post by Audio Dependent »

Yeah, interested to see how they approach this and if they bring out a gated sequencer to accompany it.

I'm a little surprised given the talk of an 8 voice polyphonic VCO and filter to go with it in eurorack modules. But that must be a massive project!
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

grant richter would kick gur millsteins arse anyday of the week.

:P

(i kid, i kid, they both have their place, as anyone embarking on a modular journey would discover for themselves)
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Very Interesting! I'm sure they'll add all types of interesting features to these modules too.

Looks like I'm gonna have to start that second case after all. Was really trying to limit myself to a 9u case, but I don't think that's gonna be possible. Definitely gonna diy the second case though.
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

interesting.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

steevio wrote:in case anyone is interested, the awesome module designers TipTop Audio have announced a range of 808, 909 analogue drum modules are coming soon.

http://www.tiptopaudio.com/

TipTop in my opinion are possibly the best designers out there, everyone of their modules is total quality and my guess is that these will be no exception.

there are already clones on the market made by Analogue systems, and some of these are good quality, but others are not accurate clones imo, and ive already bought and sold their 808 and 909 kick modules, because they didnt sound fat enough to me.

so if you are thinking of buying a drum machine in the near future and the Roland sound is your bag, its well worth checking these out when they arrive...
I have a PCB's for the 909 and 808 kick, you should have said. I know you love soldering! :lol: