Good Dubby Reverbs????

- ask away
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Good Dubby Reverbs????

Post by hydrogen »

Gill wrote:damn, sorry I haven't responded...Some great verbs in there, thanks for the advice!

I will admit, I was speaking of the ability to LFO out any ITB parameter....that would be the shiz. These tools seem to be for hardware, or am I missing something?
CC's can be used in software... many soft synths have cc mappings. it just might be a little difficult to figure out... maybe you will have to read a manual. This is why max4live is perfect option for LFO's in the box. click a couple boxes find your control and go.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
NoAffiliation
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NoAffiliation »

hydrogen wrote: Cable guys looked like the best to me...
http://www.cableguys.de/midi-shaper.html

Both of these seemed complicated because you have to know the CC's of the devices you are connecting with.
oh come on dude, knowing CC's is not a limitation. i usually tear the page(s) out of the manual so i have have them handy. also you can make a default set in ableton with clip envelopes that already have the right cc's then you only have to do it once...

back to reverbs:

Reflektor from native instruments, Lexicon, Valhalla DSP, Altiverb, MeldaProduction Multiband reverb
metaBit
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by metaBit »

I use a lot of AudioDamage Eos and ValhallaDSP ValhallaRoom both of which can make some huge spaces!. I also have Redline Reverb which I like for more traditional reverb, and I've grown to like Ableton's Reverb too especially using freeze function on it. Wish more reverbs had that capability.
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

not an vst but, you can get these quite cheap from second hand market, paid mine something like 80euros
it can do super mega long reverbs, something like one minute long..and there is also wild digital chorus

if you are not affaird hardware units, i really recomend to check these out!
ezz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ezz »

Redline Reverb sounds very nice
http://112db.com/redline/reverb/
bkm1978
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bkm1978 »

I have to agree with earlier sentiments on Suckats reverb: It doesnt sound to me like he has unearthed some super special secret reverb plug in etc. It all sounds pretty bog standard. I know you arent looking to emulate that sound exactly, but that verb obviously has you excited, which is great.
I think however you are missing the big picture. With the right pre-delay setting (this is important in his reverb for rhythmical purpose) and size/length and EQ, it sounds great in context with the rest of the track and where it drops (the impact), these are the things selling you on this reverb.
Really, its not just the reverb, its the tension in the track, the darkness, the brooding build, all compounded by the life injected into the music by the reverb 'explosion'.
My point is, dont get too obsessed with finding a 'particular' plug in, good cohesive sounds will compliment eachother in a way that makes them sound far better as a whole then if they were played by themselves.

I know because I obsessed over this same thing many moons ago! on this track:

http://soundcloud.com/syneman/c-theorie ... -rmx-cr-10

....whilst the verb is nice etc etc, its really the context of its use that gives it magic :)
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

That DEP-5 looks badass! -twisted
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

some dep-5 reverbs on this one