Good Dubby Reverbs????

- ask away
Gill
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Good Dubby Reverbs????

Post by Gill »

Hi all,

I'm looking for a nice dubby reverb. I've been using Ableton's and some of the Audio Damage ones, but I really want to know what others are using; well, other mac users anyway.

Here's a nice reverb sound I'm interested in: I'm loving Markus Suckut's reverbs lately:

ps. the hats especially :)
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Good Dubby Reverbs????

Post by kdgh »

it's just a hall verb with lots of high end in it. nothing special.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

I mainly use space designer, platinumverb & AnVerb in Logic. kdgh is right on about the sound. I don't think it's any reverb in particular, more on how it's setup.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

lots of people say good things about this:

http://www.valhalladsp.com/valhallashimmer
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

i prefer wizoo for effect reverbs like in dub. also sometimes i like to put a distortion plug and/or a compressor plug behind the reverb. also sidechaining this big reverb with a delay or rythmical can have also interesting effects.
techno made me do it
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i was expecting to hear a spring reverb. that's what i associate with being a dub reverb.
Gill
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Gill »

I just posted that track to get the reverb vibe going. I guess what I'm mainly interested in are Mac AU/VST verbs that I can use with Ableton. I'll check out that Valhalla and Wizoo. thanks!! :) :)

And, I know it wasn't a spring verb....still has a dubby vibe to it for my money.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

tone-def wrote:i was expecting to hear a spring reverb. that's what i associate with being a dub reverb.
Spring reverbs are awesome for a particular feel. I use the Softube one, really suits the sound I like to get.

To the OP, you say you have tried the Audio Damage plug ( Dub Delay? ) They do some really outstanding efx, are you getting the most out of them or just hoping for some instand gratification? Only asking because a few plug-in chains could easily get you a variety of different delays and reverb types, you can create a great dub style delay with any freebie plugs if you think about the chain of efx.

Like you could have a bog standard delay, a preamp/overdrive plug, a Resonant filter and a Midi LFO to slightly warble pitch, not necassarily in that order but all could be got for free and would do a great job with some reverb on another send.

If you look at chains of efx rather than single things to stick on a send, you will take things a lot further. :)