pIANO

- ask away
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: pIANO

Post by hydrogen »

You should get a real piano and mic it ;) something about when those strings modulate together in the box. I don't think it can be truly emulated with samples. Still wouldn't mind a good kit to emulate though...
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Depends what its function is, if it's a Piano part that has nothing subtle about it and isn't played in with hammer action keys, anything half decent should suffice, no need to go out and buy the best available thing out there if it's only a bunch of chords to be played.

I never understand why some people say stuff like this and get said software only to play it in via cheap plastic keyboard controllers with no nod to a Piano hammer action in any way shape or form. :-sta -squint It's next to impossible to fully appreciate that kind of library without a full size weighted keyboard. At least I reckon...
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

AK wrote:Depends what its function is, if it's a Piano part that has nothing subtle about it and isn't played in with hammer action keys, anything half decent should suffice, no need to go out and buy the best available thing out there if it's only a bunch of chords to be played.

I never understand why some people say stuff like this and get said software only to play it in via cheap plastic keyboard controllers with no nod to a Piano hammer action in any way shape or form. :-sta -squint It's next to impossible to fully appreciate that kind of library without a full size weighted keyboard. At least I reckon...
I do agree with this.
but then I am an addict to hammerweighted action.
I played organ a few years during my classical training, and I just hated the lack of velocity on the instrument.
I just can't understand how you're supposed to put feeling into what you play if you don't even have velocity. :shock:

but anyway, point being as AK said : no need to take the most expensive stuff out there if you'll only be playing it with a crappy controller.

but that kind of stuff is a common mistake, no ?
taking something that is way to expensive for what you need or having a setup that makes sure the good part of your instrument gets pointless because of other parts in your audio chain ?
I mean, how many people have setups with expensive synths out there, but play them in really bad untreated rooms or through poor monitors ?