steevio on his modular

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: steevio on his modular

Post by oblioblioblio »

theres a modular night in hamburg being planned by a muffwiggler guy.. don't know him personally, but mono-poly was booked for the first one who can put in a good word for you. Probably not typical techno crowd but certainly open minded folk.
Digital Fist
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Digital Fist »

Steevio, Noah Pred and early Hawtin are basically responsible for me being into techno, pretty much.

I've yet to see better techno than a 2003? performance of his at the Holodeck in Cardiff, tbh.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

Digital Fist wrote:Steevio, Noah Pred and early Hawtin are basically responsible for me being into techno, pretty much.

I've yet to see better techno than a 2003? performance of his at the Holodeck in Cardiff, tbh.
thats very kind of you bro.

2003 ? jeez was it that long ago....? only seems like a couple of years ago
Digital Fist
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Digital Fist »

steevio wrote:
Digital Fist wrote:Steevio, Noah Pred and early Hawtin are basically responsible for me being into techno, pretty much.

thats very kind of you bro.

2003 ? jeez was it that long ago....? only seems like a couple of years ago
Yep, it was my first year at uni up there. Might have been early 2004.

Funny thing was, I had finally talked a whole group of my friends (h'ariginal junglist crew for the most part) into coming along for the proper "techno experience",
for the first time for most of them, when some tosser at the train station walked past and said, "Alright, are you guys going to see EZ Rollers?" to which they answered, "where?"
and then fucked off and left me.

I still had a perfectly good time on my own, and that ended up being one of my top-5 best nights out ever, pretty much, in terms of musical experience anyway. And it was after
then, that I decided to branch out into techno (from writing/playing dnb/breakbeat). And here we are.

So thanks again. :)

(tbh, I'm not overly keen on the more recent MT output, but I usually squeeze either Orjiva and/or Nocturnia into pretty much every techno set I play out, and I've yet to find anything that even
remotely approximates to either track. The first 5 MT releases are truly brilliant).
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

Sorry to re-dig an old thread, but Steevio can you share another modular jam?

I have been hand building my own modular and quite a few circuits arn't playing right and its got a bit depressing. I have been building it for over 2 years on and off. Your video's always inspire me and make me really want to finish building it!

Easily the best modular video's online....or is that just because I love techno?
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

thanks for the props mate,

unfortunately ive been in record label mode for the last few months and sorting new releases, i only just switched the modular on again last night for the winter studio lockin.

i'll try and do another one soon.

i must say i dont envy you building your own modules mate, i just couldnt do it, i hate soldering so much... serious respect there bro.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

what labels have you got releases coming on steevio?
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

::BLM:: wrote:what labels have you got releases coming on steevio?
got to keep it under my hat for now bro.