Post by JonasEdenbrandt »

be sure to let us know when it happens!
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: steevio on his modular

Post by lem »

steevio wrote:thanks for the props mate,

unfortunately ive been in record label mode for the last few months and sorting new releases, i only just switched the modular on again last night for the winter studio lockin.

i'll try and do another one soon.

i must say i dont envy you building your own modules mate, i just couldnt do it, i hate soldering so much... serious respect there bro.
I can't say that I have been having so much fun with it recently! So I am not supprised there is no envy :lol: I gotta say I do envy your setup. I think I could stand at that thing for a good 48 hours before my head would explode!
I think people will envy me when its working.
I have (successfully) built my own analogue effects recently. I love the sound so much that other than eq and compressors, all my effects are home made. To anybody else they will probably sound sh!t, but to my ears they sound unique and an extension of my own personality. And will always sound better than any digital effect or plugin.
Since getting them going it has really spurred me on to continue with my modular. But so far every module has had an issue.

If anyone ever says that building your own is cheaper, better blah blah blah......
.....do not listen. It is sh!t loads of work before you even start soldering, and after all that it still might not work.

When I get it working I will have to bring it over (so you can show how to use the F*ckin thing! :oops: )
If you want any of my modules I am sure I could knock another one together.