steevio on his modular

- ask away
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

steevio on his modular

Post by ::BLM:: »

hope you dont mind me starting a thread for this steevio. i assume not as it was your partner who put the video online.

what are you using the 909 for? the cym?

eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: steevio on his modular

Post by eggnchips »

Whoa, is that the guy who argues against everybody's posts? He seems so peaceful in his videos.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

eggnchips wrote:Whoa, is that the guy who argues against everybody's posts?
not sure which forum you've been following dude.

yeah it's the guy who's publically documented more or less his entire methodology and come up against hostility from people quick to speak and slow to listen.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i don't really wanna argue or take sides or whatever, I just think your interpretation of events is far very from the truth.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Exacamundo! He's full of passion for music and full of amazing ideas, cool guy.

Anyway, shame there's distortion on the video, kinda gets sweeter around the 5min mark though for a bit. I wouldn't like to be the one carting that set around though never mind playing it live! :lol:

How early do you need to apply for tickets to get into Freerotation?
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

oblioblioblio wrote:
eggnchips wrote:Whoa, is that the guy who argues against everybody's posts?
not sure which forum you've been following dude.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

wow at this video though, nice to hear the signature chord sound live even with the crap quality. it gets mighty hectic at 8.14 - cool stuff.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

Everytime I see a Steevio video I want to finish building my modular. So inspiring, the man just breathes techno.
He's is probably still recovering, so I am going to guess that he uses the 909 as a clock source, but probably uses all the drums from it at some point or another.
It must be a mission to keep it intresting for an hour without repatching?

Tickets are pretty hard to get for Freerotation, this year they sold fast. Kinda a testimant to how good it is.
Definitely not going to miss it next year!
AK you should get involved, we could have a mnml meet-up!

Hope it all went well Steevio, I know how crazy it can be to organise something like that. Sorry I missed it.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

lem wrote: AK you should get involved, we could have a mnml meet-up!

Hope it all went well Steevio, I know how crazy it can be to organise something like that. Sorry I missed it.
I'd love to. Recently separated from my missus and had to find and furnish an apartment so that took a heap of my time. Plus trying to rebuild my music set-up along the way has left me without a great deal of time. Also, not having been into Techno for a huge amount of time, I kinda don't know the scene too much. The Breakspoll stuff was the 'in thing' to do and go when I was into that but I'm definitely gonna keep an eye out for some cool stuff to go to in terms of Techno. 8)