steevio on his modular

- ask away
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: steevio on his modular

Post by steevio »

seamus wrote:Any plans for a Swiss show (or shows) Steevio?
i havent played in switzerland for a long time now, i played in Basel, which was a beautiful place, but my contact there has now moved to Mexico, so i dont have any leads there, any ideas mate ?
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

steevio wrote: that guy must have been crazy, how easy is it to stick a 303 in your pocket and walk out of a club. when i was playing in a band i once had a wahwah pedal stolen from the floor infront of me as i turned round to turn up my amp.
it was ok though... it was well hidden and protected from spillage underneath it's original cover!

I offered to help him get a taxi after the gig, and i was more worried about his kit than he was i think.

wahwah story... that sucks! I had an idea that people would have some respect for musicians, and there would be some sense of community, but apparantly not.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

although to be fair i'm not sure if there's more that guy could have done in that venue to set up safely.
fair play to him for coming down and taking a chance on my mates night, and playing for free. i'm not sure if i'd have taken that risk.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

This :)
Let me know if it happens.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

steevio wrote:
oblioblioblio wrote: the four week tour isnt optomistic for me, ive already got the promises of gigs, several in Germany, and some in Ukraine, Estonia etc, it would have to be a leisurely tour, more like a holiday with a few gigs on the way, campervan stylee.
Estonia? When? :)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

Robot Criminal wrote:
steevio wrote:
oblioblioblio wrote: the four week tour isnt optomistic for me, ive already got the promises of gigs, several in Germany, and some in Ukraine, Estonia etc, it would have to be a leisurely tour, more like a holiday with a few gigs on the way, campervan stylee.
Estonia? When? :)
i was supposed to be playing at the Krill festival this weekend but it was too soon after freerotation so i had to pull out, so i'm hoping to sort something out with the Krill boys for next year.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

seamus wrote:
steevio wrote:
i havent played in switzerland for a long time now, i played in Basel, which was a beautiful place, but my contact there has now moved to Mexico, so i dont have any leads there, any ideas mate ?
I live in the suburbs of Zuerich, don't go out that much because of work but there's a nice little scene here with some very good local DJ's. The (very) few people I know over here are DJ's rather than promoters though, so I don't really know anyone you could approach for a gig unfortunately. I could send you details of the clubs that would be most relevant to you if that's any use?
thanks mate, but tbh i dont like chasing after gigs, i'm not much good at promoting myself, it doesnt sit right with me, but i just spoke to a good contact, someone who may be able to help with a Zurich gig,
everything's in the planning stage at the moment, nothing definite
ICN
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ICN »

Hey Steevio - Just watched those vids.. really really impressed 8)

Thanks for sharing your views on stuff mate - I've got countless new synapses from trawling through your posts.

Respect!!

+1 for more links to cool tunes - sort it out man :)