moogerfooger cluster flux

- ask away
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

moogerfooger cluster flux

Post by deccard »

totally amazed by that machine. i have the phaser but this one beats it hands down. sadly a bit expensive.

the soundexamples are not mine...

techno made me do it
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: moogerfooger cluster flux

Post by oblioblioblio »

this machine is basically the Blacet Time Machine ....

ouch!
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

hm just had a look. nice one but the info i found says the blacet is out of production, rare and for modular systems only.
so should be a nice thing moog picked it up or not?
techno made me do it
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

blacet is selling PCBs of the Time Machine on his website. I built one 2 months ago... total cost around $300. You need other modules to take advantage of it though really. (and modular power supply)

With Moog, either it's sad that they are no longer at the cutting edge and simply releasing a product that already exists with one or 2 extra features. Or they have been directly "influeced" by the design.

BBD analogue delay with ability to control delay time like pitch is VERY much worth investigating. $600 is expensive. People have paid around $750 in the past for the Blacet Time Machine
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

300$ sounds good but building it myself would be a serious problem. i guess if blacet would sell that in a good case with its own powersupply and build by them they would charge 500$ for it...
i thought about getting a tip top audio starterkit or a used case from ebay to expand my doepfer dark energy. is the blacet eurorack compatible from the powersource?
but still just getting the moog would make things a lot easier and it´s safe to assume that the moog will sound good and has a good build quality.
techno made me do it
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

Blacet modules will not work with a eurorack power supply. They require +/- 15V and not +/-12V like eurorack, Blacet is Frac rack. Frac rack is not popular nowadays, but there are some FANTASTIC modules in Frac.

I built the module with no problems but it was a challenging project, and I have had some previous experience soldering. The feature set of the TIme Machine is 85% the same as the Moog product, I can't see how Moog can improve on the quality of the design other than putting it into a pedal with midi and it's own case and power supply.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

There is no phaser on planet earth that is worth $300 much less what moog would want for one.
The analog craze is officially out of the realm of reason.
You can pick up a used multi-effects unit from a resale shop from the 80's that sounds just as good and is under $60.
The more money you spend on gear the less money you have to make records

Sorry for the rant
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

in some respects you're right, torque. Digital is not a waste of time, but analogue is a charming universe. It's not for everyone, it's expensive, often high maintenance and quirky.

I've got machines that will last for several lifetimes, more or less regardless of what happens to the global parts industry. It's the most stable investment I've ever made... money becomes less valuable with time. A smart music purchase becomes more valuable.

Whther my music is better or worse, I can't say for sure, but I certainly feel like there is something different, maybe I'm just a sucker.