Reason 6 is coming

- ask away
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Reason 6 is coming

Post by hydrogen »

tone-def wrote:get a usb hub
just wait till you lose the dongle while you are one the road. happened to me with my korg plugins. whooops there goes your liveset. They should sell it on steam and use that for copy protection.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

2 updates for reason and not one for logic. F#$%^kin Apple...!
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Raddler wrote:2 updates for reason and not one for logic. F#$%^kin Apple...!
I'm still runnin 8.02 and don't plan on upgrading anytime soon.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

looking at the latest final cut pro, i'm not sure you really want a logic upgrade.
Rein
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rein »

Stomper wrote:im surprised so many are using reason. not something against it, but the principle that you cant use 3rd party plugins.
I think that a lot of people run reason in rewire because of that and mixing purposes...
hairblz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hairblz »

I read somewhere that a cracked version of cubase runs more stable and/or with less cpu drain than the legal versions . . something about the computer constantly checking that the dongle is in many times each second.
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

im excited about it, i kinda like the fact that I cant use 3rd party plug-ins. settles my mind. i see too many people constantly testing and searching for new plug-ins and never really pushing the limits of what they can do with any one piece of software.
signatures suck
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

tone-def wrote:looking at the latest final cut pro, i'm not sure you really want a logic upgrade.
I have been hearing that the latest final cut pro a has been a debacle. A lot of professionals just hate it. I hear that you can't even load up projects made with previous versions of final cut because they rewrote the software from the ground up. I used to work as a video editor for awhile and there are many occasions when you may have to dig out an old project for a client and make some changes. Especially if you needed to use some older file which contained an often used pre-assembled intro or something... you would have to rebuild all that kind of stuff for the new final cut.

Lots of other negative feedback on the new version too. You should try and demo it before laying down the cash. Either wait until the next version comes out or maybe go for the Adobe Creative Suite Production Premium package. At least that way you would also get After Effects as well, thats a must have. Its a good package imo. You get Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Flash, Media Encoder, Soundbooth, OnLocation and Device Central. Not bad. TBH we used final cut at the office and its pretty nice but functionally there isn't all that much of a difference compared to Premiere. Looks a little different but when its all said and done you are doing pretty much the same stuff.