Reason 6 is coming

- ask away
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Reason 6 is coming

Post by tone-def »

wasn't expecting this so soon after reason 5

i've got reason and record so it's not that exciting. few new effects i suppose.
omnipresence
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Reason 6 is coming

Post by omnipresence »

Bit of a pain that I upgraded to Reason 5 & Record in April, so I don't get a free upgrade. The new effects do look nice but don't think they will be essential for me to upgrade to 6 right away.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

looking forward to this. will probably upgrade from 4. meh... fck that ignition key sh!t. not upgrading.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
paypr
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by paypr »

I think the upgrade to 6 is coming so soon after 5 so that propellerheads can consolidate reason and record into one product. record now obviously seems like a commercial failure. even as a record owner I think it's great that they integrated record into reason now as opposed to later.

record just seemed like an add-on for reason. I know lots of reason users who had record and lots who didn't. but I know none who only own record (obviously there are some...).

regardless the 3 new effect modules are nice. surprised to see them include something like alligator. but it's nice all the same.

what's more interesting (to me at least) is their new interface "balance". the thing seems priced to compete with the apogee duo et al. should be interesting to hear reviews once the thing drops.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i'm beta testing at the moment. Pulveriser is my favourite of the new devices, it makes everything sound fat and i haven't even explored the modulator sections yet. the days of people saying Reason is thin are over!
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

hydrogen wrote:looking forward to this. will probably upgrade from 4. meh... fck that ignition key sh!t. not upgrading.
Ah, lame. Dongles suck. Waste of a usb port. We need all the usb ports we can get. Better off getting a crack for it even if you buy a license.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

get a usb hub
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

im surprised so many are using reason. not something against it, but the principle that you cant use 3rd party plugins.