Fieldrecorders

- ask away
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Fieldrecorders

Post by simonb »

eggnchips wrote:I've got the H2 and I don't really like it.
The sound quality is good but I think it looks cheap and I don't like the small button pad that's no good for my big fingers.
The display is also crap.
My friend has an EDIROL R-09 HR and I wish I'd paid the extra for it.
Hmm I'd been thinking of buying the H2, that's interesting. I'm not bothered about a cheap look but the screen and any difficulty with my big, clumsy fingers might piss me off.
TechnoMusic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TechnoMusic »

Ive got an Olympus LS10 and its pretty good, the sound qulity is solid and it works well in the open as long as the wind isnt too high.

Visit my http://technomusicnews.com/ News & Minimal Techno Blog
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

Recently upgraded to the Roland/Edirol R-09Hr and I can sure say it feels much better than the H2.
If you're after a recorder for recording long sessions, bands etc then the H2 would be fine but if you want something for actual field recording moments such as being on the street, in the wind etc then the Edirol is sure a pleasure to use.
obscurerobot
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by obscurerobot »

I'm very happy with the Sony M10. Sound quality is great through the built-in omni mics. Battery life is incredible. You can use proprietary Sony memory cards if you have them, or standard Micro SDHC cards.

Example field recording -
Lindsay
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Lindsay »

+1 for the H2. But really most of the standard issues will get the job done.
ALT.noize
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ALT.noize »

If you don't want to break the bank then it's got to be the h2. Its certainly not professional level but check the reviews on amazon! I'm very happy with mine the surround recording sounds better than real life lol