Another How to Make That 'crack' snare/clap?

- ask away
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Another How to Make That 'crack' snare/clap?

Post by steevio »

jessejames wrote:To add another stupid question/comment, I'm not sure I see how that works? Unless the peak information is contained mostly in the high end? Or maybe this method is best suited for synthesizing?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd love to have an MF101 if I could justify the expense. Not for taming peaks but other duties moreso. My $300 is going to be better spent on my mortgage, unfortunately.
well you answered your own stupid question mate :) it is contained mostly in the high end

and yes its a lot of money to spend just taming a clap.

but theres hundreds of uses for an MF101, thats why people buy them, i'd definitely argue thay are one of the best ways to make digital bass sound as good as pure analogue bass.

but the mortgage comes first.
NoAffiliation
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NoAffiliation »

its worth noting that the sound of the snare no matter how much "crack" or power it has will only work if it's balanced in the track properly, not just freq/amplitude but also in terms of spacial width.

think about it, you could have a nice wide clap but if everything else is wide it won't work. same as if the clap is not balanced in the mix. it can have all the power in the world but it needs to dynamically compliment mix so you get a nice interaction with the groove

with that said, it becomes less important how much crack the snare has and more important how well it counterpoints the kick and fills the groove. i have grown less attracted to the really bright snare and found that more punctuated sounds can work equally well for giving a nice jacking groove
ICN
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ICN »

Aint checked it out myself..

but noticed that Puremagnetik have a free Ableton pack of the Simmons Clap Trap.

Seeing that it was mentioned: http://www.puremagnetik.com/index.php?o ... Itemid=217
august123
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by august123 »

work equally well for giving a nice jacking groove :D