Revolution 909?

- ask away
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Revolution 909?

Post by hydrogen »

http://soundsoutsidethelines.com/projec ... lution-909

not sure how i feel about it... on the right track but... i'd have to try it before i bite it.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Revolution 909?

Post by oblioblioblio »

DO NOT TRUST THESE MEN!!!! !!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from their site:

"Unless you have $20,000 worth of preamps, transformer balanced DIs and mastering grade converters you simply can’t get a punchier or fatter electronic drum sound"

fucking cunts!
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Chill Mark :-flower
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

heheh, it's OK, I just think those guys SUCK. :)
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

I don't want to seem like I'm being negative for no reason. But this whole product just makes me feel sick.

To say that you can't get deep sounding drums without 20K studios ... those guys should be put in the stocks and be forced to listen to moldy commercial preset music for 10 years until they are so disgusted that they decide to make a product with geniune musical value, or get corperate jobs and stop selling dreams to people who don't know any better.

The reason why people dream after those Roland drum machines is becuase they were used well by fantastic musicians in famous pieces of music, and so subsequently the macines have a high value, which makes them inaffordable. But they are not the only good electronic machines that will ever be made.

If you want the fattest kick drum sound ever you can get it for $350. It makes the 808 kick drum cry. Metasonix r54. Yes, it is not a kick drum or drum machine but you can easily use it like one.

Yeah I should chill out but those guys are twats.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

haha i agree with mark.

quotes like this
' We love the 909 but we don’t love the instability or limitations of dealing with vintage hardware in a modern studio'

bullshit, there's nothing instable about the TR909,
i just keeps on rocking away. never misses a beat
non of the vintage hardware i have has any limitations that are going to make me want to put them on ebay and use software instead,

and how about 'better than the real thing' !!!

yes mark mate you lost it there - fair play
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Techno purists. keeping live. <3
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Casanova808
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Casanova808 »

I feel bad for these guys because my 909 sounds better through a cheap Yamaha mixer to a tape deck than their 909 does through a 20k audio chain.

The thing about the old Roland drum machines is that you are paying for the sequencer. You can get the samples, but you can't get the feel. There is something about groove of a 909 and an MMT-8 slaved to a 727 that you can't get in the box.