sylenth
techno made me do it
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re:

Post by Stomper »

hydrogen wrote:
Stomper wrote:so im the only one who doesnt like the sound of TAL synths?.
:) they can't do everything but I think they sound pretty true. But they kinda lack this tactile balls that a real version has. Can't put my finger on it... Sounds close, but feels different. Still they are great plugins though and can do amazing things with the simplicity.

Operator is the bomb. My #1 synth and there are ways to make it sound less digital. Take it out of additive mode, use the ladder filters, feedback, LFo and pitch stuff to add unexpected slight modulations. You just have to configure it... It's a deep synth like massive.

I love the sinewaves it can produce they are perfect for me.
i mean sound wize.
i tried bassline back when i had a 101, it wasnt close as far as i remember. maybe thats why. i had closer result nord modular that TAL synth. filter in nord is too different though.
thats why i like predator, it has those balls. i dont like emulations because you always compare them to the real thing and get disappointed.
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Any soft synth recommendations?

Post by kristofason »

I still love the V-Station to bits!
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Re:

Post by hydrogen »

Stomper wrote: i tried bassline back when i had a 101, it wasnt close as far as i remember. maybe thats why. i had closer result nord modular that TAL synth. filter in nord is too different though.
thats why i like predator, it has those balls. i dont like emulations because you always compare them to the real thing and get disappointed.
You may be right, as I should have clarified my exp. Was only with the Juno106 and the UNO60. I can't share presets, but still sounds like I would expect it. Honestly, I just take the same midi on some of these and retrack them with the Juno.

I think the limitations can show you things that otherwise would be masked by infinite controls like massive.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

If I would have to choose only one synth then it would be minimonsta from the gforce guys.
The layout simple but it has extra features which turn this plugin in to more than just a minimoog emulation. You have polyphony, lfos and adsr as modulation sources.
And I really like the sound of it too -very fat.
In my eyes this plugin is a masterpiece that stood the test of time. I bought it in 2005 and have never turned my back on it or had any regrets about it. In fact this is perhaps the only synth which really gets me excited and makes me feel good every time I load it up.
TechnoMusic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TechnoMusic »

uHe ACE is the best softsynth I've used in years amazing retro analog sound, great semi modular routing options and not only that at 69 euros its cheap as chips.
Visit my http://technomusicnews.com/ News & Minimal Techno Blog
Indigo Schallplatten
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Indigo Schallplatten »

Best vst Software Synth i've use : Sylenth1, Sounds Great.
Indigo Schallplatten
catchpenny
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by catchpenny »

+1 for U-he's ACE. Its the best sounding VA i've used. Also you don't really need to understand its patching when you start out on it but as you get into it its really damn cool.

I use that and absynth and its all i need!

I could never get massive to sound any good but think thats down to me rather than the synth.