the great soundcloud debate...

- ask away
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

eggnchips wrote:Dealing with criticism is part of being/becoming a good artist. What's the point in posting if you're going to get all pissy?

Yep.

One should remember though, if you as a producer are happy with your track not to let someone that isn't sway your mind and make you change bits. Part of the problem is I don't think people are making music for themselves. Once you have got to the point where its for you and nobody else then you don't need to worry about feedbacks or making it to fit a label or whatever people are doing these days.
the technical/artistic sides definitely overlap though, so i guess theres nothing wrong with seeking opinions. trust me on one thing though - when you do make it right, you will know it instantly. there will be no need for anyones advice.
Yeah this is true, but sometimes I sit on tracks a few weeks before deciding if its good or not. So many times have I been like 'this is rubbish' and then change the file, listen back a few weeks later and I liked it but the file is gone.

Would be good to hear what other people are doing on this forum though. Post your tracks up Eric.
Last edited by ::BLM:: on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

board messed up on me. :D
Last edited by ::BLM:: on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Last edited by ::BLM:: on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Last edited by ::BLM:: on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

I'm on the opposite side with this... I wish people would post MORE criticism and suggest changes. They always say either "nice" or nothing at all. I know my music sucks but after hearing the same song a thousand times it's hard to say what exactly sucks about it, you become blind to your own work.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

its not for others to tell you what's good in your track though. that you have to figure out for yourself. if you're listening too much take a break from that track and come back to it at a later date.
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

I'd like some feedback. I stopped posting on the members area as nobody ever leaves feedback which gives one the impression that it's not worth commenting on.
I've just finished a track I'd like feedback on. Anybody willing?