the great soundcloud debate...

- ask away
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Wow, really arrogant and stubbon people on here.
Nobody want's criticism and nobody might think that a hint of doing things a bit different could be a good idea??

Oh well, each to their own.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

What's the point in someone criticizing though if you're happy with the track yourself? It's just an opinion that might sway you off from liking your own music.

Again going back to the demo thing. We get demos sent. I say its cool, but not feeling certain aspects. They want to know exactly what bits I don't like, so they can change it into something I do. I just cant get down with this... its the most unattractive thing ever when someone does that. They obviously were happy with it enough to send a demo. To me people are not making music for themselves anymore and this is the problem.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

::BLM:: wrote:What's the point in someone criticizing though if you're happy with the track yourself? It's just an opinion that might sway you off from liking your own music.
Being happy doesn't mean it's perfect and a good idea might be worth trying out. I'm not talking about changing a track completely but maybe there was something that could be enhanced. Who knows.
But saying from the beginning, fck you all, I would rather like you not comment on my tracks because I'm the master of house music, so just love me, is a bit stupid IMO.
::BLM:: wrote: Again going back to the demo thing. We get demos sent. I say its cool, but not feeling certain aspects. They want to know exactly what bits I don't like, so they can change it into something I do. I just cant get down with this... its the most unattractive thing ever when someone does that. They obviously were happy with it enough to send a demo. To me people are not making music for themselves anymore and this is the problem.
This I agree to, but I don't see that hit has anything to do with getting advices on tracks you post your webpage/soundcloud/from friends etc.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

But saying from the beginning, fck you all, I would rather like you not comment on my tracks because I'm the master of house music, so just love me, is a bit stupid IMO.
Who said that though?

Just for me from my experience whenever I have got feedback it’s always been 'I don’t like the sound of that synth' which really never helped me so now I prefer to not get any because I never found that it helped. It's nice of course to get it when it’s nice, but really that’s only for your ego and nothing else.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i think you need to be a bit "fck everybody else" when making music.

what are you making it for? to be something that appeals to as many people as possible, or to express the flowers and sharp spines of your soul?
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

::BLM:: wrote:
I have found trial and error and repetition of discipline to be much more helpful.
Bingo.

I think people think they can just wake up and start making music straight away. It takes years of sh!t before anything good comes from it.
+100000000. What he said.