Let's have a members section revival day?

- ask away
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Let's have a members section revival day?

Post by Barfunkel »

The members section is dead, topics get like 5 views on average.

So I had an idea: Let's have a day where everyone listens to as many members' tracks as possible and give some feedback, even if nothing but "nice work" or "needs more bass".

Anyone with me? Sometime next week maybe?
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

Great idea, definitely on board for this.
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

I never really check out the members section because I don't log in unless I am making a post and that section is only visible to those who are logged in. Personally that section often seems more trouble than its worth in terms user experience and functionality.

Not to flog a dead horse but it would be much better if posters could embed a soundcloud track into the webpage rather than external links. External links to soundcloud itself are not so bad but I hate when people post links to file hosting services where you have to wait 30-60 seconds just to download.
Phurniture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Phurniture »

I think this is a nice thought. Once in a while, when I remember, I'll go and check out half a dozen tracks in the section and try to comment on each one. Sadly, from my experience, once you post a track on there you're lucky if it sees any action...
Dusk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dusk »

I kind of feel this site has lost its way generally. Views and activity seems to be at an all time low.

Techno is massive again but people aren't tying themslves to the 'mmnl' tag any more. As a fashionable term associated with all that click clack, m-nus stuff, it's dead.

Although the name of a site doesn't mean that much to existing members, a site called 'mnml' must seem a bit of a relic to prospective new members.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

In general I don't like commenting on people's tracks because what I have to say shouldn’t really make someone go out and change parts of their tracks. I think if you’re offering up decent advice like about mixing or whatever then cool yes, but if I tell you that I don’t like your bass, that doesn’t mean that you should go out and change it for something I do like. If you are happy with your track/sound of the bass or whatever then that should be enough.

I understand why these people ask for other people’s opinions because I once thought like that. But who here really would give up parts of their tracks to suit other people’s needs? It’s just crazy to me...If someone tells me they don’t like that part in one of my tracks, I just say to them 'well I do'.

I think really the tracks I like the most of mine are the ones that other people dont like.
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

i agree with BLM here, when I want/need feedback I personally ask people that I know and like how they think music-wise. Just throwing a post out is basically saying "hey, listen to my track" (yes, guilty as charged...)
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

So, how about next Friday, 10th of June? At least I'm gonna spend that day going through the members section, listening and commenting the tracks.