vst 909

- ask away
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

on the other hand you could sample all the stuff he didn't. resample his samples if you need those sounds.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

probably not the best option for many here, but i just thought i'd mention that (for me at least), the metasonix d1000 is the best drum machine ever made.

tube circuits are quirky as hell, and the designer does not go out of his way to make it easier for you.... just raw simple drum sounds. It doesn't allow for very complex tuning, but if you tweak it right you can get a good variety of useful sounds. The weight of the bass you can get from it is unreal.

the machine made me eat my words that all drum machines suck. you really need to have a few modules to get the best from it unfortunately.

for UK peeps, if you get it from analoguehaven.com the price works out ok (compared to schneiders)
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

for $1,500.00 it must be nice... wish i had it though, seems really nice.

as for suggestions, i have one too - the mfb schlagzwerg. this thing sounds incredible, and is cheaper.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i dislike the idea that it must be really nice just becuase it's expensive.

it's actually quite challenging to work with, but the rewards are very very high.

I can't afford it either but I have found a way to make it work. I bought mine second hand for 2/3rds of the normal price, but IMO it's worth buying new. The tubes used on it are very very easy to get hold of, around $1 each, which means it will last for a long time.