vst 909

- ask away
Direkt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Direkt »

boudo wrote:Is the Goldbaby Tape 909 sample pack any good?
I love it, personally.
bam
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

yes!

and the sp1200 vol1 is cracking too! I was usin drumazon and nepheton, now I think I'll stick to the Goldbaby samples. I do like the fluctuations in pitch and reverb size (clap) on every beat that the D16 plugs give tho...
Phurniture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Phurniture »

kristofason wrote:
yes!

and the sp1200 vol1 is cracking too! I was usin drumazon and nepheton, now I think I'll stick to the Goldbaby samples. I do like the fluctuations in pitch and reverb size (clap) on every beat that the D16 plugs give tho...
I've heard it said so many times that it's the small variations from hit to hit that gives the 808/909 it's analog funkiness, however it's really very easy to vary any aspect of a drum sample from hit to hit in any modern sequencer such as Live.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Phurniture wrote:
kristofason wrote:
yes!

I've heard it said so many times that it's the small variations from hit to hit that gives the 808/909 it's analog funkiness, however it's really very easy to vary any aspect of a drum sample from hit to hit in any modern sequencer such as Live.
Check this vid: i think it was posted before...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyFCy0DffZc
LM-1's got the groove.
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

Don't get me wrong, I think they're really good. Somehow though, I feel like I'm cheating with them as they're too perfect. You can get instant results.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

eggnchips wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I think they're really good. Somehow though, I feel like I'm cheating with them as they're too perfect. You can get instant results.
Yes I first thought that. All the processing equipment he has though would cost a lot of money, so really its unrealstic for everyone to go out and buy it. I'm sure if we had the choice we would all have the equipment to do it ourselves, but in reality this is not always possible.

I stopped using my mbase because of that sp1200 sample pack they put out. Those kicks are so good. I toy'd around with getting the emu for sometime, but its far to expensive when you can just use the samples. They have done the MFB drum machine too which is also very good. I was going to get one of them, but stuck with the samples as the results are great.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i'm sure there is another emu that has the same or similar sound to the sp-1200. Emulator II maybe?
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

tone-def wrote:i'm sure there is another emu that has the same or similar sound to the sp-1200. Emulator II maybe?
But then you would need the 909,808 and all the other drum machines he samples.