How is this bass made and arranged?

- ask away
Armando
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Armando »

Daeronb wrote:
Maetrik has a special fattenizer unit that he built himself. All discrete analog transformers.
yup, this he runs through a bandcompressor, which has an almost totaly dry flanger unit placed after it. but to cancel the high freqs from that he bandpasses it at around 1254Hz for bass

recipe for gold

^^
How to bandpass and do what he did with softwares (i'm talking about the process that hemade after having done the bassline) ?
RichardLodge
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by RichardLodge »

I think they might be taking the piss Armando.

Amazing considering no one could actually help you with the Sian track!

Shocking snobbery, specially considering that that tune is a little different/tricky to figure out.

So ok... it has an irregular kick pattern.. i.e not straight 4ths the kicks go like this -

1 + 2 + 3 + 4 +
*.......*.*........* (* are where the kicks go)

Then at 47 secs the bass comes in playing straight 16ths with a rest on the '2+', probably just a filtered down sine/square bass.

The kick has very little top and quite a long decay so it sounds loads like a bass making it confusing whats bass and whats kick.

I'm assuming everyone worked this out right, otherwise it's be pretty fucking harsh to take the piss, right?

Hope this helps.

Great tune by the way.
jessejames
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jessejames »

When someone consistently starts threads about how to make specific sounds, taking the piss is an inevitability.

Lighten up.
Armando
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Armando »

RichardLodge wrote:I think they might be taking the piss Armando.

Shocking snobbery, specially considering that that tune is a little different/tricky to figure out.

So ok... it has an irregular kick pattern.. i.e not straight 4ths the kicks go like this -

1 + 2 + 3 + 4 +

Then at 47 secs the bass comes in playing straight 16ths with a rest on the '2+', probably just a filtered down sine/square bass.

The kick has very little top and quite a long decay so it sounds loads like a bass making it confusing whats bass and whats kick.

I'm assuming everyone worked this out right, otherwise it's be pretty fcking harsh to take the piss, right?

Hope this helps.

Great tune by the way.
Really THX..+10
re.vise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by re.vise »

jessejames wrote:When someone consistently starts threads about how to make specific sounds, taking the piss is an inevitability.
Whats wrong with that?
jobbanaught
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jobbanaught »

RichardLodge wrote:I think they might be taking the piss Armando.

1 + 2 + 3 + 4 +

I'm assuming everyone worked this out right, otherwise it's be pretty fcking harsh to take the piss, right?

Hope this helps.

Great tune by the way.

quality post
klankeffect
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by klankeffect »

this forum is to help people out, not to take a piss with them jezus. I think its really stupid why people are all the time acting so snobbist here. if you don't have an interest in answering in a right way, just don't...
lessizmoremoreizless
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
In my opinion it's better to try and let the guys learn it themselves by guiding them the right way rather than telling exactly how they should do it. If you tell them exactly how to do it, chances are they won't get much out of it. The next time they have a similar question, guess where they'll be coming instead of opening up their DAW.